Question about atar (1 Viewer)

Simile

HSC
N/A
I got my ranking for ipt after trials 6/18, but the difference between 2nd and me is like 2%. The problem is my friend who is ahead of me by 0.1-0.2 % only got 69%, whereas I got around mid 80's. (He did well in the assignments). I m pretty worried because he is pretty bad ink exams, so is he going to stuff me up when it comes to hsc?:spzz::rage:

simplyinsanity

HSC
, so is he going to stuff me up when it comes to hsc?
Nope.

So you're friend is currently coming first internally right?

Let's say you (beat your friend) and come first in your cohort in the HSC but your friend only does average.

What happens is: Your friend gets average mark out of {your external result and his one}

Meanwhile you get an average of {a mark slightly below your external and your external}

Hope this makes sense but you should be fine! :)

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Shouldn't affect you too much. Might cost you 5 marks maximum in IPT by what you just described which would cost at maximum 2 ATAR.

Simile

HSC
N/A
My friend who is 0.1% ahead of me is 5th, and he got high 60's in trials. He is pretty bad in exams.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
My friend who is 0.1% ahead of me is 5th, and he got high 60's in trials. He is pretty bad in exams.
You should be fine as long as other students above him do well too.

And any way, there is nothing you can really do at this point in time other than help others in your class study and do well (this will prevent you from losing marks as the higher marks they get then the higher the assessment mark you can possibly get). However, do keep in mind that you also need to study so don't help them 24/7. You need to make sure you personally do well in the final HSC exams too!

Other than that there isn't much you can do so worrying about it will get you nowhere. But honestly you shouldn't be worried, its not too bad.

Just maybe take a bit of time to help them in that subject and make sure that they do well in exams and you should be sweet. Again though, don't waste too much time on them as they should be doing their own work too.

Simile

HSC
N/A
Yeah that's true, I gotta make sure he does moderately well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)