What happened??? (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
So, I am supremely surprised and very, very disappointed in my marks and ATAR, and honestly dont know what happened. Only thing im happy as fk in is english haha, no idea how in the hell I managed 84, since I wrote 5 essays off the cuff 3 days before english and did not get them checked or anything, just thought "English, you can go screw yourself bitch, I aint wasting time perfecting these essays"

anyway here is situation for everything else, can someone pls explain, and can I get this fixed or what the fuck went wrong, I mean srsly...

Maths extension 1: I checked entire exam with carrotsticks solutions, and including ONLY the questions where I got 100% the full answer out, I got minimum score of 56/70. But there were other questions where I messed up the tiniest thing right at the end, but got 90% of working out done, and it total I calculated I should be getting 62/70. Afaik this should be more than 91 exam mark which I got? (Since I was ranked 2nd got an 87 assessment mark fml -_-) I feel like a retardate ffs, not getting B6 in the easiest course at school for me.

Maths extension 2: Now this is seriously fucking shocking, I also ONLY considered the questions where I got 100% solution correct, that equated to 66/100. Found 4 extras which I was told I would get, for 70/100. I got exam and assessment mark of SEVENTY NINE (79). Can someone explain, how the fuck is this possible? NO WAY IN HELL I got less than 66!! I GOT THE FULL FUCKING ANSWER for 66 marks, how can I get any lower???

Chemistry: 18/20 MCQ, in long response wrote very detailed and structured stuff for everything, checked all calculations and messed up a bit in TWO calcs, like 4 or 5 marks at most. I could not fathom getting anything less than 90, would expect at the very least 93 or 94. I got 86, exam and assessment. HOW?????????????? Checked ALL CALCS with BoS, EVERYTHING was right except for those two questions were couple of numbers messed up.
I mean I cant have seriously been THAT fucking off the mark in long response, jesus christ...

Physics: Had no issues whatsoever in long response, I knew everything there was to know and wrote concise, to the point and used all appropriate terminology. Calculations I messed up numbers (Halved 550 for 225 lol) in THREE Q's, not more than 6 marks or something. And I get a FUCKING 83 exam and assessment.

What even....

Guys, I admit I didn't study as much as I should have, but I fucking knew my stuff pretty damn well either way, what the hell happened???? ext 2 especially I feel just WTF, want to destroy something in fire and acid and molten lead. Want to give someone brain damage and fuck them up so bad. Jesus christ man....

Final atar was 94.55, everyone in my family, friends and all is like YEAAA YOU DID SO GOOD !!! :DDD

In my mind im like YEAAA NO FUCK YOU, I DONT WANT TO TALK.

Anyone see that Neel Kolhatkar vid? hahaha

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
How clearly can you actually remember your response in the actual exam though?

hayabusaboston

HSC
How clearly can you actually remember your response in the actual exam though?
Me and realise have pretty good memory, we recited the maths comps to each other as well as chem and phys exams, to check how we both went.

We can remember the whole exam and our responses yes.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
i think you let your expectations get the better of you and your judgement tbh

hayabusaboston

HSC
coming from the guy who bragged about how he was gonna get 99.95 about 2 years ago, im not surprised. You actually have to put in effort to do well lol
But like, with the x amount of effort I put in, I could have sworn it was good enough for 98 ATAR.

In school I was never surprised like this, with such ridiculously harsh marking.

MX2 is not even the marking, just, dont know what....

How can I get 79 if I got the solutions for 66 marks 100% according to carrot?!?!?!?

My maths teacher said throughout yr 12 if I dont make my work neater the markers will take off marks cos they hate messy work. Fuck them! If I get the answer I get the mark!!!

Is that true?? Do they remove marks for messiness?

bladeys

HSC
N/A
But like, with the x amount of effort I put in, I could have sworn it was good enough for 98 ATAR.

In school I was never surprised like this, with such ridiculously harsh marking.

MX2 is not even the marking, just, dont know what....

How can I get 79 if I got the solutions for 66 marks 100% according to carrot?!?!?!?

My maths teacher said throughout yr 12 if I dont make my work neater the markers will take off marks cos they hate messy work. Fuck them! If I get the answer I get the mark!!!

Is that true?? Do they remove marks for messiness?
how would you even know how much effort is required for a 98 ATAR lol? no one really knows that
Well if they cant read your writing how are they gonna know you got it right???

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Just let it go.

It's finished.

It's done.

No point beating yourself up about it.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Just let it go.

It's finished.

It's done.

No point beating yourself up about it.
this

it is way better for you to accept the mark you got, which whatever way you look at it, is the one you got and start planning out your future instead of dwelling in the past, the latter will get you nowhere

enoilgam

HSC
I'm reading this thread and all I can think of is "excuses, excuses". Like, for pretty much every subject, you are supremely confident that you should have received a much higher mark - have you ever thought that maybe you just werent as good as you thought? By your own admission, you became complacent and didnt put in the work, so what makes you think you deserve better marks anyway?

I could see this coming from a long time ago - you allowed all this IQ crap to go to your head and ultimately, you greatly overestimated your ability. I hate seeing anyone screw up, but I think it's a humbling experience which you sorely needed. So your choices now are simple, either you can keep making excuses and cling to the notion that somehow, it's everyone elses fault but yours. Alternatively, you can reassess and start looking at your personal weaknesses which led to this failure in order to avoid a repeat in the future.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
I could see this coming from a long time ago - you allowed all this IQ crap to go to your head and ultimately, you greatly overestimated your ability. I hate seeing anyone screw up, but I think it's a humbling experience which you sorely needed. So your choices now are simple, either you can keep making excuses and cling to the notion that somehow, it's everyone elses fault but yours. Alternatively, you can reassess and start looking at your personal weaknesses which led to this failure in order to avoid a repeat in the future.
+1, honestly couldnt wait for the day you received your sub 99 ATAR, it was the slap in the face you needed

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
I'm reading this thread and all I can think of is "excuses, excuses". Like, for pretty much every subject, you are supremely confident that you should have received a much higher mark - have you ever thought that maybe you just werent as good as you thought? By your own admission, you became complacent and didnt put in the work, so what makes you think you deserve better marks anyway?

:D In a way I like this response - can't exactly point it out.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Btw, your 70/100 in MX2. that got you a 79.

I got a 79 after probably getting 50/100.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
So, I am supremely surprised and very, very disappointed in my marks and ATAR, and honestly dont know what happened. Only thing im happy as fk in is english haha, no idea how in the hell I managed 84, since I wrote 5 essays off the cuff 3 days before english and did not get them checked or anything, just thought "English, you can go screw yourself bitch, I aint wasting time perfecting these essays"

anyway here is situation for everything else, can someone pls explain, and can I get this fixed or what the fuck went wrong, I mean srsly...

Maths extension 1: I checked entire exam with carrotsticks solutions, and including ONLY the questions where I got 100% the full answer out, I got minimum score of 56/70. But there were other questions where I messed up the tiniest thing right at the end, but got 90% of working out done, and it total I calculated I should be getting 62/70. Afaik this should be more than 91 exam mark which I got? (Since I was ranked 2nd got an 87 assessment mark fml -_-) I feel like a retardate ffs, not getting B6 in the easiest course at school for me.

Maths extension 2: Now this is seriously fucking shocking, I also ONLY considered the questions where I got 100% solution correct, that equated to 66/100. Found 4 extras which I was told I would get, for 70/100. I got exam and assessment mark of SEVENTY NINE (79). Can someone explain, how the fuck is this possible? NO WAY IN HELL I got less than 66!! I GOT THE FULL FUCKING ANSWER for 66 marks, how can I get any lower???

Chemistry: 18/20 MCQ, in long response wrote very detailed and structured stuff for everything, checked all calculations and messed up a bit in TWO calcs, like 4 or 5 marks at most. I could not fathom getting anything less than 90, would expect at the very least 93 or 94. I got 86, exam and assessment. HOW?????????????? Checked ALL CALCS with BoS, EVERYTHING was right except for those two questions were couple of numbers messed up.
I mean I cant have seriously been THAT fucking off the mark in long response, jesus christ...

Physics: Had no issues whatsoever in long response, I knew everything there was to know and wrote concise, to the point and used all appropriate terminology. Calculations I messed up numbers (Halved 550 for 225 lol) in THREE Q's, not more than 6 marks or something. And I get a FUCKING 83 exam and assessment.

What even....

Guys, I admit I didn't study as much as I should have, but I fucking knew my stuff pretty damn well either way, what the hell happened???? ext 2 especially I feel just WTF, want to destroy something in fire and acid and molten lead. Want to give someone brain damage and fuck them up so bad. Jesus christ man....

Final atar was 94.55, everyone in my family, friends and all is like YEAAA YOU DID SO GOOD !!! :DDD

In my mind im like YEAAA NO FUCK YOU, I DONT WANT TO TALK.

Anyone see that Neel Kolhatkar vid? hahaha
Hmm, if you're confident in those raw marks there's definitely something wrong.
For mx1, I calculated about a 50 raw mark, out of 70 and ended up with a 93.
For mx2, I calculated about a 50 raw mark aswell out of 100 and ended up with 85.
Is it possible you forgot something and made lots of sillies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)