Your subject regrets (1 Viewer)

teridax

HSC
N/A
as the title states, post your thoughts on what you regret picking and why, and then comment on what you would've done instead

i'll start off:

regret: music 1, kinda boring tbh

should've done: physics, initially i didn't chose science for year 11 and 12, but i wonder what it'd be like had i chose this sub

Last edited:

theodore0307

HSC
I regret doing geography cause it is really boring, and there's a large work load. I would have done chemistry. Even though I would have failed it, it would be good for me to have some knowledge.

redjnr

HSC
Regrets: Physics. Was really only interested in the space section, but the bigger issue is that I thought it would be far more mathematically based, and with less emphasis on the "social and environmental factors". Overall it was my 12th unit and lowest subject.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking of dropping 3-unit as if I drop it, I'll focus more on 2-unit, but I might regret doing this, any advice?

teridax

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking of dropping 3-unit as if I drop it, I'll focus more on 2-unit, but I might regret doing this, any advice?
might wanna post in the maths forum and make a thread there bro

matchalolz

HSC
I regret business studies but grateful for the friends I made in my class.
I regret taking english extension in yr 11 because I knew that i was going to drop it anyways
I regret not taking japanese continuers because I thought i sucked and wouldn't be able to improve in speaking
Also, I half wish I took 4u maths but I can't handle 12 units

but weirdly I've come to like the subjects that i have NOW and put these thoughts behind

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
I deeply regret doing Chemistry. It was pretty fun and all, but the content and the cohort is very intimidating... should've thought my subject selections more throughly.

I would've loved to do any history- whether it be Modern or Ancient. Memorisation/Rote learning has always been a strong point of mine, I would've killed them HAHA. I am so glad we did After the Bomb for EX1, or I would've regretted that too. :p

ekat

HSC
Regrets: Biology which I dropped anyway thank goodness
Should've done: Modern History

evasharman

HSC
Regret: Bio. Just rote learning, didn't find year 11 challenging or interesting at all. A lot of content for simple answers - went well with minimal content, had the feeling I should change in the first week but ignored it and "stuck it out," it never really got better.
Should've done: Legal
Should've done: English Extension 1 and French Extension.

(then I'd be doing 15 units ... #yolo.)
Overall, although I'm probably happy with my subjects now I kind of wish i didn't have to do SOR so could have a bit more room to play with.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I really regret not doing well in chemistry... It was one of the most interesting and coolest subjects I've done, but I couldn't excel in it. Was averaging a mark of 25% per test as a result of demotivation and inefficiently learning the concepts. Made the final strive in the Term 1 HSC test and only got 52%, so the best option was to drop. :(

photastic

HSC
Regret: Chemistry - So boring, so much work and is not rewarding unless you love science. Yr 12 Economics - Too many fairytales, preferred yr 11.
Should've done: Business Studies - Caters more to what I want to do. MX2 - Would've helped me drop SOR and Chem plus Maths is the only subject I studied.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Regrets: Biology for prelim. I actually didn't mind the subject itself but sciences are just not my thing :\
Should have done: Ancient History

Not that it would have mattered since I would have dropped both when the HSC started

HSC
initially i didn't chose science for year 11 and 12, but i wonder what it'd be like had i chose this sub
SAME SAME OHMYGODDDDDDD I have so many regrets about subjects it's not even funny. Like I can't even believe how stupid I was back in the day. Like each school day is a living hell given how much I hate all my subjects. But in particular...

Regret:
- Business Studies - freakin piss boring and the teacher is so bad. Like do you even need to know business management strategies? Like it's common sense, I don't need to learn this shit that's more useless in the real world than analysing Shakespeare. And the repetition... it lulls you to sleep.
- Economics - it's so freakin dull. Like who even gives a damn. Like I just don't even care. Plus my teacher is shit - I don't know which makes me want to shoot myself more, the content or him.

Wish I'd done:
- Visual Arts (didn't want to do the major work at first) but that would be such a good outlet and I love art.
- Chemistry/Physics/Biology - I had a really bad teacher so that made my foundations crap so I didn't try, before dropping it. But damn I wish I'd done it - sounds interesting and more useful than Business/Eco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)