So 3 weeks left to trials... can i do it? (1 Viewer)

FightingSmile64

HSC
Hey guys,

There is about 3 weeks until the start of my trials exams and I am so nervous. To make matters worse I haven't even looked at studying or even started because I have had FOUR assessments to do during the holidays which I just have about done and sent drafts to my teachers. ATM they haven't even checked them so I am nearly giving up hope and its stressing me out, and before you ask they gave it to us on the last week of school XD

Do you think 3 weeks is enough time to study for the trials?

Can you please give me tips on how to study effectively...

Thanks

Chris_S

HSC
Have you done any summary notes for any subjects over this year?

astab

HSC
N/A
How many units do you do? In the event that you do 10-12, 3 weeks should be enough. Don't worry about making your own personal summary. Grab a pair of notes that are comfortable and tailored to your learning style eg. Colour, white space. I find I learn best when I read over the notes and explain the concept to a mirror/person (person preferred because they tend to ask follow up questions on some of the simplest things). Try and do most of your learning 30-45 minutes before you go to bed. It's been proven that your mind retains everything during this phase, so you'll find you're learning more in a shorter period of time.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Of course you have enough time, but make sure you allocate the right amount of time for each subject. If you're confident in a subject then you'd want to spend less time on it and focus more on the subjects that need improving.

Traxoom73

HSC
Uni Grad
3 weeks is plenty of time. Just quickly review your notes and get to doing practice papers/questions. If you don't have notes, make some quick dot points notes for every subject and take some time to go over them. It really just comes down to actually starting!

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Yes, you can do it. Start now and study hard.

I pulled consistent top 3 ranks in my trials and while for ~15 hours a day, i did the bulk of my study in 9 days.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Ez breh u got this. In uni we do it in more or less a week :)

I covered more than 50% of the content I needed to learn in the semester during stuvac (1 week)/during exam period.

I think some of you are underestimating how long 3 weeks is, because they give such a ridiculous amount of time for you to study in the HSC.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
How many units do you do? In the event that you do 10-12, 3 weeks should be enough. Don't worry about making your own personal summary. Grab a pair of notes that are comfortable and tailored to your learning style eg. Colour, white space. I find I learn best when I read over the notes and explain the concept to a mirror/person (person preferred because they tend to ask follow up questions on some of the simplest things). Try and do most of your learning 30-45 minutes before you go to bed. It's been proven that your mind retains everything during this phase, so you'll find you're learning more in a shorter period of time.
For this, group studying is the best as it consolidates your knowledge as well as your peers

Chris_S

HSC
You have heaps of time and you can easily do it! Just knuckle down and keep up that motivation and than you are going to succeed! Good Luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)