Is anybody else feeling super sentimental? (1 Viewer)

studded

HSC
(When you accidentally post a thread about the HSC underneath the University sub-forum)

I know most of us have several weeks left until graduation, but in the last few days I've been falling asleep and waking up to memories of my time during the last 5 years at school. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't excited to leave, but I've formed such sincere emotional bonds with my friends and my teachers that I don't want to accept that the fact that I'll be saying goodbye to that routine of seeing them five times per week for a majority of upcoming years.

I know, I'm sounding like a personified Holden Caulfield, but I don't want to move on with my life just yet. :frown2:

Anyone else feeling this way?

HSC
(When you accidentally post a thread about the HSC underneath the University sub-forum)

I know most of us have several weeks left until graduation, but in the last few days I've been falling asleep and waking up to memories of my time during the last 5 years at school. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't excited to leave, but I've formed such sincere emotional bonds with my friends and my teachers that I don't want to accept that the fact that I'll be saying goodbye to that routine of seeing them five times per week for a majority of upcoming years.

I know, I'm sounding like a personified Holden Caulfield, but I don't want to move on with my life just yet. :frown2:

Anyone else feeling this way?
Yes. Although I don't want to do school anymore I can't accept I only have a few lessons of each subject left. I've been reflecting on my memories about school from year 7 to now and I will DEFINITELY miss it. The fact I won't be seeing everyone in my year every week is going to be sad, and not seeing teachers again will also be sad.

HSC
No.

SO excited for university though.
I'm super excited to be rid of school forever and go to university (which i've heard is a kazillion times better), but as if you don't feel a tiny bit sad that you are moving on.

Thunderstorm

HSC
Man, realising I never became one of those Year 12 students that is best friends with teachers in this thread

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
You will miss high school as whole. I hated the HSC, but high school as a whole was such a great experience. You will learn, however to forget about this year (HSC). 1 more thing, don't even mention the word 'HSC' or 'Atar' when you go to uni. No one does...

HSC
You will miss high school as whole. I hated the HSC, but high school as a whole was such a great experience. You will learn, however to forget about this year (HSC). 1 more thing, don't even mention the word 'HSC' or 'Atar' when you go to uni. No one does...
I think everyone already knows that. haha.

Ekman

HSC
My school has a close alumni system, meaning ex-students visit the school every so often. Also teachers contact ex-students for tutoring as well, so for us its not like we are seeing everybody for the last time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)