Am I doomed to get a low ATAR cause of general math? (1 Viewer)

shiftincognito

HSC
Hi,

Is it possible to get a high atar, say 90+, if I'm only doing general math? Have you, or do you know anyone that was able to pull this off while only doing general??

swagmeister

HSC
I got 99.65 with General Maths (see sig). A 90+ ATAR is easy with General. It's once you start aiming above 98 that scaling starts to really take it's toll.

shiftincognito

HSC
I got 99.65 with General Maths (see sig). A 90+ ATAR is easy with General. It's once you start aiming above 98 that scaling starts to really take it's toll.
Thank gosh. Everyone I speak too keeps telling me general scales terribly and that it'll mess up my ATAR. I now have hope that if I do well in general math, I can get good ATAR.

swagmeister

HSC
Thank gosh. Everyone I speak too keeps telling me general scales terribly and that it'll mess up my ATAR. I now have hope that if I do well in general math, I can get good ATAR.
I dropped from mathematics to general maths purely for the sake the relationship between the easy of getting a high mark and it's scaling.

It actually scales almost as well as mathematics, and when you take into account how much easier a mark of 90 is in general for many people it makes much more sense.

The people you've been speaking to are wrong!

If you have Instagram you may enjoy checking out my @gamingthehsc account where I share a tip a day and also break common misconceptions such as this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)