How do you Study? (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
How do you study for general maths?

I normally go through past papers, trials and other papers my tutor has given me. If l don't know what it is asking me, l go to my textbook and look. If nothing comes form that l then ask my teacher.

I sit in exam conditions and l have found that for multiple choice l can answer them really quickly.

Also - when you write out the long answer questions for the section 2 (questions 23-28) how do you write and plan the paper out?

I first write:

Test paper (like Trial general mathematics 2003)
My Name
Section
Question

Is that how you write them out?

Do we have to do this for the exam?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i study with practice papers.. wherever i can get them from.. then whatever i get wrong i go back to the textbook and follow examples on how to do it until i figure it out
umm i dont plan anything i just write the question number at the top then just start with a.. we have to fill out student number etc on the cover page

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Fill out the student number and stuff after, not during, the exam. They let you.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I just do heaps of questions, go over the chapter reviews in my text book, past papers, etc...

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Iron woman said:
Fill out the student number and stuff after, not during, the exam. They let you.
we could do that before the exam started

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Before the exam Agnes??? thats a tad unfair lol!

Anyways, i study by going through textbook chapter review & practice Exams, and past papers.

I was in 2 Unit, and i dotn think a tutor is required for General.. its so .. Meh

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
Atotoi said:
Anyways, i study by going through textbook chapter review & practice Exams, and past papers.

I was in 2 Unit, and i dotn think a tutor is required for General.. its so .. Meh
same with me! and i also got those HSC revise in a month and HSC study cards too...those card are DAMN GOOD!!! they cost about $15 but are DEFINATLY worth it!!!

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Lol good to see i have an ally mzgt :p

I also got one of those pink "General Mathematics" books.. with all the practice exams, thats good... the practice exams in it are easier than the trial :(

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Atotoi said:
I was in 2 Unit too, l had a tutor for that, but he told me l'd be better off doing general, l just kept the tutor and l'm the only one in my class that actually passes, so l'm happy l have one.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Iron woman said:
wow thats a relief!
even in english? are you allowed to write the section III question 2 and stuff after as well?

HSC
N/A
To stop me making stupid mistakes, I take offf a piece of clothing every time I make a mistake. This is like strip poker and it works. It's really cold up here in the snow and it stops me making stupid mistakes

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmm
i was wondering which one is hard of the two

maths in society or maths in practice?

i need some revision stuff and there isnt heaps of stuff e.g. past exam papers for general maths.

stephiee

utopia_parkway said:
To stop me making stupid mistakes, I take offf a piece of clothing every time I make a mistake. This is like strip poker and it works. It's really cold up here in the snow and it stops me making stupid mistakes
hahahahhahahah!!!!!!!
well i am too scared 2 do maths cos i dont know anything lol

Danoz The Great

HSC
I read my rule book (book of formulas, i write it down as it's learnt) and I have flash cards for the area/surface area/volume for all the different solids. That helps heaps

My textbook (new century) has a revision chapter, for all the chapters in the book. It's really good, it helps heaps. I do past papers from macquarie, excel etc

craz

HSC
The exam papers all have different names. Due to the course changing names over the past few years. The concept is the same except in the past general maths was the really basic stuff you needed to know in society. It's a bit more complicated now, but not by much though. Past papers is always the answer with Gen Maths! You can always find a weakness when u finish one.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
dani_danoz said:
I read my rule book (book of formulas, i write it down as it's learnt) and I have flash cards for the area/surface area/volume for all the different solids. That helps heaps

My textbook (new century) has a revision chapter, for all the chapters in the book. It's really good, it helps heaps. I do past papers from macquarie, excel etc
I wouldn't worry too much about learning the formulas. Remember that you get 2 pages of the formulas you will need in the exam.

Just practice practice practice!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)