Tafe ranking (1 Viewer)

dezi

HSC
hey everyone, well i am doing my preliminary and hsc at tafe this year at blacktown, i was just curious to know how ranking and scaling works here. alot of the students ive spoken to are only aiming for passes and nothing special in there uai. im worried because i feel as though my marks will be affected a great amount unless i rank in the top 3 for each subject etc. im very motivated and am determined to get a uai over 80. any helpful info will be appreciated. thanks everyone

EDIT
sorry another question, do tafe students get scaled down for any reason due to it not being a school?

HSC
hey everyone, well i am doing my preliminary and hsc at tafe this year at blacktown, i was just curious to know how ranking and scaling works here. alot of the students ive spoken to are only aiming for passes and nothing special in there uai. im worried because i feel as though my marks will be affected a great amount unless i rank in the top 3 for each subject etc. im very motivated and am determined to get a uai over 80. any helpful info will be appreciated. thanks everyone

EDIT
sorry another question, do tafe students get scaled down for any reason due to it not being a school?
yeah if everyone around you is only aiming for passes then yes you can be brought down by other students if you yourself are in the middle as well. if the quality of the students around you isn't really that good you really should be aiming to finish first, or as high as possible anyway.

you are at no real disadvantage by studying at tafe. tafe students are treated just like any other student.

dezi

HSC
ok fair enough. well my aim is to try and rank first... i guess i have to just wait and see. but yeah im just abit worried if i dont do well in 1 subject and get scaled down later... well thankyou for the advice watatank :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)