What are my chances of getting into medicine? (1 Viewer)

static flow

HSC
Hey BOS, I'm thinking of applying the UMAT exam soon since I'm interested in applying to medicine. Assuming I get a umat percentile of around 90+, what do you think my chances are of getting accepted into UNSW or UWS with these ranks?
School rank: top 10
English: 100~/160
Maths extension 2: 10/43
Physics: top 10/70
Chemistry top 10/70
Already achieved 94 in Maths Extension 1.

So what's my ATAR going to be like, and do you think it would be enough to get a good ATAR estimate to get offered into UWS or UNSW? Thanks :).

mirakon

nigga
HSC
looking good if you can pick up the english

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey BOS, I'm thinking of applying the UMAT exam soon since I'm interested in applying to medicine. Assuming I get a umat percentile of around 90+, what do you think my chances are of getting accepted into UNSW or UWS with these ranks?
Chemistry top 10/70

So what's my ATAR going to be like, and do you think it would be enough to get a good ATAR estimate to get offered into UWS or UNSW? Thanks :).
Top 10 school with your ranks - you're going fine in terms of ATAR as long as UWS is concerned. Pick up your game in English and you'll be a strong contender for UNSW too =].

Basically from here on in, it's all about your UMAT score.

Mdzabakly

HSC
Top 10 school with your ranks - you're going fine in terms of ATAR as long as UWS is concerned. Pick up your game in English and you'll be a strong contender for UNSW too =].

Basically from here on in, it's all about your UMAT score.
+1 since uws is a cut off, and they dont actually take your atar into consideration, Its pretty much 33% umat, which gives you your interview (66%)
however in other uni's its probably something like 20% atar 20% umat and then 60% interview (although this is a guess)
good luck getting into Medicine!!

static flow

HSC
Thanks guys :)
So say I brought my english rank to around 60~. Around top 60 in our school is the borderline safe mark for band 6. What ATAR could I be looking at? Since some uni's want the ATAR estimate for first rounds, I really need to get good ranks in my internals.

Mdzabakly

HSC
Chemistry top 10/70

pretty much 90+, and could be somewhere in the high 98-99s, since chem and phys as well as 4 unit are already high scalng subjects, as long as you get good in them, and pull your enlgish marks up, anything is possible.

however don't forget, the umat isnt so easy, the to get in the high 90 percentile you pretty much have to be getting over 95-97s in the practice exams. do as many as possible because that is te best way to study for it!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)