Guide me to success! (1 Viewer)

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Hi, I'm currently in year 10 and I go to a 500-ish ranked public school. I want to achieve all-rounders, if possible, for the HSC.
I know there are a lot of disadvantages to going to a public school like weaker cohort, teachers, etc. But I'm taking control in my own hands and am doing my best to get to where I want. Atm I've finished half of the year 11 physics/chem topic (through tutor and self learning) and am quite ahead in terms of 3u math (will be doing 4 in year 12). I self-study in my classes since it's really unproductive, and am hoping to get rank 1 for every subject and then do the externals, so I don't get dragged down too much. Anything I should know before I begin my journey? :p

Last edited:

Siddy123

HSC
Hi, I'm currently in year 10 and I go to a 200-ish ranked public school. I want to achieve all-rounders, if possible, for the HSC.
I know there are a lot of disadvantages to going to a public school like weaker cohort, teachers, etc. But I'm taking control in my own hands and am doing my best to get to where I want. Atm I've finished half of the year 11 physics/chem topic (through tutor and self learning) and am quite ahead in terms of 3u math (will be doing 4 in year 12). I self-study in my classes since it's really unproductive, and am hoping to get rank 1 for every subject and then do the externals, so I don't get dragged down too much. Anything I should know before I begin my journey? :p

procrastination is ur only hurdle.
tackle that, and ur defs on ur way buddy.

Last edited:

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Oh and i can't tell if im overworking myself but my current flow of things backfires on my body :{ so less energy for everyday haha is that normal

Koomsy

HSC
Hi, I'm currently in year 10 and I go to a 200-ish ranked public school. I want to achieve all-rounders, if possible, for the HSC.
Most importantly, remain consistent. You may think "i'm going to study *insert high amount of hours*" but the key to success is to being moderate but consistent! Other people will stumble and falter in their study pattern but if you retain consistency then you'll be there to surpass them.

In terms of goals, have short term goals of "getting this mark/rank", leading up to your ultimate aim of atar and hsc marks (write down the combo ofhsc marks needed to get your atar).

But in the end, try and find enjoyment in what you're studying. GL!!! :D

Koomsy

HSC
Wait just read this guy is in year 10 (didn't even read his username before posting :p). Enjoy year 11 heaps imo. Know your foundations enough for year 12. Don't get burnt out before year 12 and just relax lol. (maybe do heaps of extra curricular activities)

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
thanks everyonee :D i was kinda shy about posting this because it makes me look upright arrogant (atleast to me) but i've received some valuable feedback. If im to be consistent and survive the senior years i will need to tone down a bit with my pace because its killing me haha.

enoilgam

HSC
thanks everyonee :D i was kinda shy about posting this because it makes me look upright arrogant (atleast to me) but i've received some valuable feedback. If im to be consistent and survive the senior years i will need to tone down a bit with my pace because its killing me haha.
True - you dont want to overwork yourself and burnout too quickly.

TooSoon

HSC
Your inspiration :) I'm in yr 10 ATM as well . What subjects did you pick ?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, oh dat insane injection of motivation we all feel at the start of Year 11. It happens every single time.

i hope you keep it up, kid!

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Your inspiration :) I'm in yr 10 ATM as well . What subjects did you pick ?
Adv Eng
Extension 1 math
Physics
Chemistry
Design and technology
Marine studies (1U)
my school only allows 12 units for year 11 so yeah..
will pick up extension 2 math in hsc
and drop design and tech (marine is a year11 subject only)

lets hope we do really well!! :D together to the toppppp

Marc26

HSC
Adv Eng
Extension 1 math
Physics
Chemistry
Design and technology
Marine studies (1U)
my school only allows 12 units for year 11 so yeah..
will pick up extension 2 math in hsc
and drop design and tech (marine is a year11 subject only)

lets hope we do really well!! :D together to the toppppp
Athene reference?

unLimitieDx

HSC
Don't burn out save ENERGY year 12! Other than that you seem very dedicated towards achieving your goals, goodwork :p

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
This was my first ever thread on BOS...
I DID IT GUYS!! ALLROUNDERS WOO #2yearslater

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)