ATAR Estimate please (1 Viewer)

YuMaNuMa

HSC
Can someone please estimate my ATAR please?
Currently my school is ranked around 140

Economics - 2nd/45 (Very tight group; 5-6 people are sitting on the first three ranks)
Legal Studies - 1st/50
Modern History - 1st/15
Maths2U - 45-50th/80 (Will be counted as one unit)
English Adv- 35-40th/60
SOR1 - 3-4th/70

August Update
Hi, as of August I'm sitting on the ranks shown above. Could someone please provide an updated ATAR estimate? Since the ranks aren't definite for a few subjects, it'd probably be best to provide a best case and worst case estimate.

Thanks!

From June 2013
Is it still possible for me to get an ATAR of 92.5+ given that I'm able to maintain my current marks and can move up by 10 ranks or so for english and maths?(please inform me if a higher rank is needed)
Any advice on how I can improve my rankings apart from improve maths and english mark/rank ?

Thanks!

Last edited:

v1

HSC
possible 92.5, improve by 20 ranks in english and its definately 92.5
atm 85-89

YuMaNuMa

HSC
Thanks for the advice and info v1!

At the moment I seem to be doing fairly well in every subject except English and Maths. I moved up to 1st for both eco and legal after the half yearlies, however for english I keep getting the same shitty marks that force me to be in the bottom 10-15%. How would a low English mark affect my ATAR given that I'm able to sustain my other ranks? I'm obviously determined to improve my english marks and ranks but say if worse comes to worst, would I be significantly disadvantaged? Would I still be able to get 92.5 or thereabouts?

Last edited:

YuMaNuMa

HSC
Bump.

Thought it would be a good idea to use the same thread as before, rather than clogging up the forums with a new thread.

YuMaNuMa

HSC
Really? :S

I'm on the same rank and from what I heard the same marks for 7 of my units as a couple of students from last years who achieved ~98. I believe they were 15-20 ranks ahead for english, but I don't think that would lead to a 10 percentile gap.

v1

HSC
good at humanities but not english dafuq?
btw update estimate is 92-93, work on english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)