Getting an 80.15 atar (1 Viewer)

N

natalienek

I'm so concerned about my chances of achieving my desired atar of 80.15, keep in mind there will be bonus points too. Trials start in 2 days and i'm still catching up on a whole years worth of content. Impossible, I know.. But i'm trying my hardest to cram it all in, anyways, I'm just asking if anyone had gone completely shit in trials but managed to get a high atar since there is still 50% left from the actual HSC.

Atm my marks are in the 50s and 60s range, this is from no form of studying or preparation at all. I literally just walk into my exams without knowing any content, so i know i have potential and am capable of increasing my marks if i study and actually put effort in.

My subjects & ranks (this is from my semester 1 report btw):
Adv English: 50/56
General Math: 49/50
Legal Studies: 6/8
Business: 27/36
Economics: 9/11

Thanks for your input guys ! Good luck to everyone for trials !

enoilgam

HSC
It is possible to do poorly internally and come out with a decent ATAR after a strong performance in the externals. Not to sound like a naysayer, but it isnt very common because often times, the issues which cause people to put in no effort early in the year persist until the end. A turnaround requires a change in mentality in addition to putting in more work in order to catch up and excel. So it is very much easier said than done - many people say each year "I have done nothing so far, but I will work harder for the final exams" but most of the time it never happens.

Again, I'm not trying to be negative or saying that it cant be done, I'm just trying to be realistic in letting you know what you are up against.

In terms of an estimate, what is your school rank?

N

natalienek

I completely understand ! It does require a lot of work, for the past two weeks I've been consecutively studying real hard. My school is ranked 245

HSC
Trials start in 2 days and i'm still catching up on a whole years worth of content. Impossible, I know.. But i'm trying my hardest to cram it all in, anyways, I'm just asking if anyone had gone completely shit in trials but managed to get a high atar since there is still 50% left from the actual HSC.

Thanks for your input guys ! Good luck to everyone for trials !

ommmggg I'm just like you except I do try I just don't get good results (unless they are take home tasks) I am the biggest procrastinator (hence my name) I should be studying for trials but I'm on here -.- anywayyy I hope you do well for the rest of the year just keep going over those notes and do loads of past papers!

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
You would have to do very well in the external exams if you wish to achieve your desired atar.

N

natalienek

Study hard and the best of luck to you too ! We can do this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)