questions on rankings (1 Viewer)

hyphea

HSC
Really flunking e2 maths

coming last 25/25 :(((

i got 14/40 so far in my assessments and there's 60% left to go (trials)

I'm thinking with an assessment mark of 75 i can still make a high band 5?

dream atar of 98+ goneee D:

Does ranking last mean I get the last mark?
What if i am last by the end of the trials but i smash my HSC and come first lets say, do I still get the mark of girl/guy who gets the lowest mark? (what if they completely flunk it in the actual exam!!) or does the whole order get messed up (idk) D:

How does my very low assessment mark or rank last, affect the rest of my class? Is there a difference if there's a huge gap or a small gap between first and last?

whats the lowest mark you've seen/heard for e2 maths and their respective atar?

Makematics

HSC
your trials are 60%?!? woah... and yeah, obviously if you get first, you will get boosted up to somewhere around the average hsc mark. i dont think you really affect your cohort, its mainly a matter of the general cohort average. if the whole cohort does well, everyone gets boosted up. also if you have 60% left, then shaddap you face and GET to work! you can still pick up some ranks!!

hyphea

HSC
alriightyy yeah i've 2 exams to go 40% and 20% hope it goes ok

But doesn't the cohort average get affected by the last and first ranking assessment marks? D:

Makematics

HSC
alriightyy yeah i've 2 exams to go 40% and 20% hope it goes ok

But doesn't the cohort average get affected by the last and first ranking assessment marks? D:
yeah i guess, but youre mainly shooting yourself in the foot. just study up

D94

HSC
N/A
If the trial WAS worth 60%, you would have reason to complain. Any one assessment MUST be worth less than 50% of the total assessment mark.
Where did you get that from? (or is it maths exclusive)

My History Extension project (essay) was worth 80% of the school assessment mark. (this was not a "major work" like EE2, VA etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)