I am worried, I need someone to help me out for HSC! (1 Viewer)

jaycoo50

HSC
So I got my trial results, they are shocking! I am upset, I felt confident during the exams, but after seeing my marks, I felt disapointed, all my hard work is gone on!

The question, those how get top marks, how do you really do in terms of studying, writing notes, writing essays, doing past papers! I feel that the teachers arn't really helpful, especially my chemistry teacher, I never learn anything during the class, when I came home, I have family problems, all that so i can't raelly study. I am smart, I scored 93% in my first biology exam, 100% in my next assignment, it is just that I work hard, but never go past 60% in exams, I don't know why!

So if anyone else thinks they have a similar problem, getting lower marks, why is it that others get top marks! I did bad in my exams,

what should I do to prevent myself from failing subjects, please don't think that I might not be working hard, I do but I just don't get it what should you exactly be doing to get above 90%, is it because teachers mark hard. So I have my HSC exam left, can I still make a difference and get a band 6 for any of subjects. This is my questions. For english, how shoudl you really study, it is stressful and hard cause I wasn't born here, so english is a big problem, it impact on my Atar if I don't get a band 5 atleast. Does anyone here think I can still get a band 6 and 90 above Atar. Please help me out in terms of how should I study for each subject, I am ready to work hard!

Chemistry: 48/100 ( 7/16 Half-yearly)
Biology: 65/100 ( 14/45 Half-yearly)
Maths 2u: 56/100 ( 4/15 Half-yearly)
Maths ext 1: 39/100 ( ( 5/7 Half-yearly)
English Advanced: 40/100 ( 40/50 Half-yearly)

Capo

HSC
You forgot to mention your school rank.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
For English, make sure you know the texts really well, and memorise techniques. Use your trials as a guide, focus on what you're having most trouble with. Also, I reckon to try find out the style of learner you are (that seemed to help me last year). If you have trouble studying at home, stay at school for study periods if you aren't already. Maybe try to get a tutor to help. Hope this works, good luck in your HSC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)