Repeating HSC- serious decision (1 Viewer)

jaycoo50

HSC
Hey guys,

SO MY main goal is becoming a doctor!

What if I don't get my Atar goal of 98+, should I repeat the HSC year and ace all my subjects!

Or

There is other options, much better than repeating HSC.

What ranks would deffs get 98+ Atar from my subjects!

English Advanced: /50
Chemistry: /16
Biology: /45
MATHS 2U: /15
MATHS EXT 1: /7
Studies of Religion: /46

What should I really be doing to maximise my Atar for HSC, How are you guys going to study for HSC English Advacned and if you doing my subjects, how are you going to study for them. How are you going to make your notes, how many HSC past papers will should you be doing for each subject above.

Any help would be good,

Alkanes

HSC
Look man you've been asking the same shit over and over again. The HSC is not the end of the world.

What happens if you don't get into MED? Do another course you like and try to transfer.

HSC
Hello.

Now I can't help you out by telling you what ranks you need, but I can tell who how I'm studying for the subjects you and I have in common.

Eng Adv: In your essays, you need to focus on answering the question well. You may even write a little bit less (not too much though) as long as you answer the question well. Know what techniques/motifs are used in the texts. And PRACTICE WRITING THEM OUT because my biggest failure in English has always been RUNNING OUT OF TIME.

Chem: You need to basically just memorise most of the stuff in Chemistry. I don't know any other way to describe it. Just, READ the BOOK. Try to summarise stuff in your own words as you read. If you speak a language other than English (like me) and you find it helpful, try to remember stuff in your other language. I do that a lot and it actually helps. IMO, it's not about making/having good notes, it's about UNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT.

Maths 2U/EXT1: PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! I haven't done it myself, and I REGRET IT. I always felt like, 'this is easy' and 'I can do this, no probs'. YOU CAN'T. Unless you have practice. I have done HORRIBLE in my trials simply becuase I didn't have enough practice. So, I suggest, get yourself past papers and DO THE PAST PAPER QUESTIONS. Also, when it comes to solving questions, there is often ONE KEY STEP (or two) that you need to remember to do in order to solve it. Make sure you figure out what that KEY STEP in solving particular type of questions is (you can only figure that out by doing as many past papers as possible).

Hope that helps.

Bye.

jaycoo50

HSC
Look man you've been asking the same shit over and over again. The HSC is not the end of the world.

What happens if you don't get into MED? Do another course you like and try to transfer.
Thanks man,

jaycoo50

HSC
Hello.

Now I can't help you out by telling you what ranks you need, but I can tell who how I'm studying for the subjects you and I have in common.

Eng Adv: In your essays, you need to focus on answering the question well. You may even write a little bit less (not too much though) as long as you answer the question well. Know what techniques/motifs are used in the texts. And PRACTICE WRITING THEM OUT because my biggest failure in English has always been RUNNING OUT OF TIME.

Chem: You need to basically just memorise most of the stuff in Chemistry. I don't know any other way to describe it. Just, READ the BOOK. Try to summarise stuff in your own words as you read. If you speak a language other than English (like me) and you find it helpful, try to remember stuff in your other language. I do that a lot and it actually helps. IMO, it's not about making/having good notes, it's about UNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT.

Maths 2U/EXT1: PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! I haven't done it myself, and I REGRET IT. I always felt like, 'this is easy' and 'I can do this, no probs'. YOU CAN'T. Unless you have practice. I have done HORRIBLE in my trials simply becuase I didn't have enough practice. So, I suggest, get yourself past papers and DO THE PAST PAPER QUESTIONS. Also, when it comes to solving questions, there is often ONE KEY STEP (or two) that you need to remember to do in order to solve it. Make sure you figure out what that KEY STEP in solving particular type of questions is (you can only figure that out by doing as many past papers as possible).

Hope that helps.

Bye.
why can't you tell me what ranks I need man, why do you think I am even here for god sake!

No one seems to be helping anymore, I feel isolated in these forums!

Lol you don't understand, the hSC is killing me, I want to get into medicine, so what should I do! can you give me some motivation tips

Last edited:

jaycoo50

HSC

Fuck HSC, why do they make english compulsory, this shit subject is killing my Atar, it is not fair to be honest, I was not born here, so why do I have to do english, If these teachers come to my country, it will take them 10 years to learn my language.

Everytime I wrote an essay, this first thing I hear is this is wrong, wtf, then what should be right! I believe everyone is memorize a band 6 essay, obviously, if you get those state rankers to write there essay now, they simple can't. why? because they need to memorize their shit again,

What a shit subject is English, I hate the word! if anyone agrees reply, if not what makes you think english is easy, you must be born here or you must be memorizing you shit essays!

Last edited:
HSC
why can't you tell me what ranks I need man, why do you think I am even here for god sake!

No one seems to be helping anymore, I feel isolated in these forums!

Lol you don't understand, the hSC is killing me, I want to get into medicine, so what should I do! can you give me some motivation tips
I'm here for the same reason as you!
I said the same thing about being isolated in another thread!
The HSC is killing me too!
I also wasn't born in this country!
If my teachers went to my country, it would take them 10 years to learn my language too!

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows" -Rocky Balboa

You need to do stuff like that in English. You need to make quotes where they 'fit in' with what you're trying to say in the essay. There's your English Tip of the Day.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Firstly if you want us to tell what ranks you need for each subjects, TELL THE SCHOOL RANK TOO! Please learn to read the sticky threads. Also don't complain about English, in medicine excellent English is absolutely necessary to both communicate and understand.The amount of medical research you will need to read and analyse in later years isn't funny,there's a reason they write English as recommended/prerequisite for Medicine.

jaycoo50

HSC
I'm here for the same reason as you!
I said the same thing about being isolated in another thread!
The HSC is killing me too!
I also wasn't born in this country!
If my teachers went to my country, it would take them 10 years to learn my language too!

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows" -Rocky Balboa

You need to do stuff like that in English. You need to make quotes where they 'fit in' with what you're trying to say in the essay. There's your English Tip of the Day.
I guess we understand each other, Thats good man,

what are you doing right now! what marks/ranks id you get in your subjects!

For chemistry, would it be good if you organise you notes, just learn them, and don't do past papers.

For English, how should i study, cause in trials I did so shit although I studied. What else could you do, I memorized, learnt my quotes, adopt it on the day to answer the quetsions, still got bad result. Now I am worried that, it will happen in HSC as well! So what is you tip, I mean it is easy for you to say, but how exactly do you study for English advanced like in terms of essay, notes.

jaycoo50

HSC
Firstly if you want us to tell what ranks you need for each subjects, TELL THE SCHOOL RANK TOO! Please learn to read the sticky threads. Also don't complain about English, in medicine excellent English is absolutely necessary to both communicate and understand.The amount of medical research you will need to read and analyse in later years isn't funny,there's a reason they write English as recommended/prerequisite for Medicine.
I know that bro, but I wasn't born here, there is many people who just memorzied there essay and got a band 6, but it is not quite fair, if english was my first language then I could've got a state rank, it is hard for me, bro

What do you know about me, you just think everyone is natural good at English, my school rank is shit if this helps you.

HSC
I guess we understand each other, Thats good man,

what are you doing right now! what marks/ranks id you get in your subjects!

For chemistry, would it be good if you organise you notes, just learn them, and don't do past papers.

For English, how should i study, cause in trials I did so shit although I studied. What else could you do, I memorized, learnt my quotes, adopt it on the day to answer the quetsions, still got bad result. Now I am worried that, it will happen in HSC as well! So what is you tip, I mean it is easy for you to say, but how exactly do you study for English advanced like in terms of essay, notes.

Read my first post on this thread. I told you what I do for English.

I myself didn't do too good in my trials for English....
I also did bad in my 2U Mathand I FAILED my extension math

For chemistry, DO PAST PAPERS but before that you need to really know your stuff and UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT....read my first post on this thread i wrote what i do in that...

jaycoo50

HSC
Read my first post on this thread. I told you what I do for English.

I myself didn't do too good in my trials for English....
I also did bad in my 2U Mathand I FAILED my extension math

For chemistry, DO PAST PAPERS but before that you need to really know your stuff and UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT....read my first post on this thread i wrote what i do in that...
Bro, how do did you study for you trials, did you make your own notes or did you study from other peoples notes.

for english, should I make an essay for each module and AOS, then memoirze it. I am so lost bro,

let me tell you, during my trial I couldn't study properly, due to having umat on the same day, it is so sad for me, this is the reason I performed bad in trials,

jaycoo50

HSC
Going by the ranks you previously gave, your chances of getting into med are almost nil.
Look at your other options and try to to transfer I guess.
What could be other options! depending my ranks what atar can I get, lol

Can you get bonus points for advanced science,

HSC
Bro, how do did you study for you trials, did you make your own notes or did you study from other peoples notes.

for english, should I make an essay for each module and AOS, then memoirze it. I am so lost bro,

let me tell you, during my trial I couldn't study properly, due to having umat on the same day, it is so sad for me, this is the reason I performed bad in trials,
I didn't study for my trials....

AND I HAVE TOLD YOU HOW I STUDY IN MY FIRST POST!

For english...don't just memorise ONE ESSAY...learn your quotes/techniques/some basic arguements etc.. JUST READ MY FIRST POST!

jaycoo50

HSC
I didn't study for my trials....

AND I HAVE TOLD YOU HOW I STUDY IN MY FIRST POST!

For english...don't just memorise ONE ESSAY...learn your quotes/techniques/some basic arguements etc.. JUST READ MY FIRST POST!
Ok. lets say you learned all those things for english, then how would you adopt it on the day, it is hard man. How do you

bro, do you have essays for Romulus my father, Frankenstein and blade runner, Gwen harwood, julius ceasar to send me, juts so I can see how to structure my essays, thanks

PM me I will provide my email address. Thanks man, It would be a great help if can send them,

Last edited:

jaycoo50

HSC
Sorry my big question was, should I repeat HSC? I didn't do well in my Trials, will this prevent me from getting an Atar of 98+.

jaycoo50

HSC
*walks away and fAcepalms...
What are even trying to say bro,

As people previous said your not helpful, so please go away

All you do is post some crap words, which doesn't mean anything, and secondly you don't help. sorry man, but this is the fact,

Atleast try to write two sentence, if you can.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)