What ranks should if im aiming for a 95+ atar? (1 Viewer)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
My hsc is in 2015 (2 years, a bit far away from now i know) but i just need to know a good ranking for me to get an atar of 95+ (my course aim is b/commerce or b/economics at usyd or unsw). If anyone could give me estimated aim for my subjects im doing 2015 thatll be great <3
School rank: 108 (approx)
English adv /70ish
Economics : /60
Maths: /120
Maths extension: /60
Physics: /60
Chemistry /40

And dont tell me "just try to come first all in your subjects because theres a guy in my school whos doing physics, chemistry and maths who pretty much comes first and should be the dux soo yeaah..

v1

HSC
And dont tell me "just try to come first all in your subjects because theres a guy in my school whos doing physics, chemistry and maths who pretty much comes first and should be the dux soo yeaah..
not true, i was horrible at chemistry in yr11 and always 2nd-3rd for maths until yr11 ... everything changes in yr 12

just do your best

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Don't do standard math, it's an atar killer- within the next few months start pulling ~100% in your math tests and apply to accelerated math for next year.
Go up to 4U and on the likely occasion that you turn out to hate either physics or chemistry (a lot of my friends who are topping one were bottoming out of the other), you can drop one.

If you can come top 10 consistently across your subjects, it should be enough for a 95+; and doing 4U will score you 5 bonus points for commerce/economics, so you'll only need ~91 atar anyway.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't do standard math, it's an atar killer- within the next few months start pulling ~100% in your math tests and apply to accelerated math for next year.
Go up to 4U and on the likely occasion that you turn out to hate either physics or chemistry (a lot of my friends who are topping one were bottoming out of the other), you can drop one.

If you can come top 10 consistently across your subjects, it should be enough for a 95+; and doing 4U will score you 5 bonus points for commerce/economics, so you'll only need ~91 atar anyway.
Wasnt planning on doing english standard :) hopefully ill be able to pull 90+ in most of my exams next year but does doing 4u maths really give you 5+ bonus points in all unis for business/eco or will it just give me in a particular uni? I live in a "socially disadvantaged" location so bonus points i will receive bonus points anyways, so it wont be a problem even if i dont get the 5+ for 4u

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
not true, i was horrible at chemistry in yr11 and always 2nd-3rd for maths until yr11 ... everything changes in yr 12

just do your best
He comes first in literally every subject at the end of the year (except pe) and he even studies stuff that isnt even in the cirriculum so i dont even know how to top that... He doesnt have any other activities and i have to focus a lot of my studies + a number of hobbies so i doubt i could ever keep up with him
But ill try :) thanks!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Wasnt planning on doing english standard :) hopefully ill be able to pull 90+ in most of my exams next year but does doing 4u maths really give you 5+ bonus points in all unis for business/eco or will it just give me in a particular uni? I live in a "socially disadvantaged" location so bonus points i will receive bonus points anyways, so it wont be a problem even if i dont get the 5+ for 4u
EAS scheme, SO1A is the specific name for socioeconomically disadvantaged schools i think. Depends what list your school is on, but most unis provide points.

UTS offers 10 for all courses, UNSW i think is 5.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
EAS scheme, SO1A is the specific name for socioeconomically disadvantaged schools i think. Depends what list your school is on, but most unis provide points.

UTS offers 10 for all courses, UNSW i think is 5.
omg 10?! that's an insane boost ! why is uts offering so much for commerce courses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)