Personal ATAR estimates? (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
What do u guys expect you'll be getting? 96-99 for me.
what happened to the .25?

I've put it into an atar calculator 99.3. I believe its lying to me.
I'm expecting around 95-96, but will be satisfied if I get around 92. anything below, gg usyd/unsw

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
96ish. Don't think I did too badly in english, but it's standard english so I was doomed either way.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
93-95

It would be maybe a low 96 if i didn't bomb out eco and i picked adv english instead but i don't really care to be honest. If i get into UNSW with bonus points i would be over the moon.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I think its a lie. Seems way too high.

How realistic are your marks though? Are you going off historic school data with your ranks or are you just using your estimated raw marks?

96 in business is nearly a state rank. Are you first in your cohort or are you close to rank 1 who will inevitably state rank?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
How realistic are your marks though? Are you going off historic school data with your ranks or are you just using your estimated raw marks?

96 in business is nearly a state rank. Are you first in your cohort or are you close to rank 1 who will inevitably state rank?
Following the exams I relooked over my answers and determined a rough raw mark.
But half of the HSC which is internals, is going to pull me down slightly for both maths. The others I got good ranks in. 1st bio, 2nd business, 7th english. I go to a school whose ranking of past couple of years has been 60.

Its not a raw 96, its the mark following alignment.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Following the exams I relooked over my answers and determined a rough raw mark.
But half of the HSC which is internals, is going to pull me down slightly for both maths. The others I got good ranks in. 1st bio, 2nd business, 7th english. I go to a school whose ranking of past couple of years has been 60.

Its not a raw 96, its the mark following alignment.
Use this site and you can generally see if you're within b6 range for internal marks. http://www.topscores.info/select-nsw.php#pagehere

It's not going to be 100% accurate but it will at least give you a rough guide. To be honest i just want my marks now, the suspense is killing me.

I didn't imply it was raw. Look at examine's business thread and you will see that the 3 state rankers from 2012 got 97 aligned.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Use this site and you can generally see if you're within b6 range for internal marks. http://www.topscores.info/select-nsw.php#pagehere

It's not going to be 100% accurate but it will at least give you a rough guide. To be honest i just want my marks now, the suspense is killing me.

I didn't imply it was raw. Look at examine's business thread and you will see that the 3 state rankers from 2012 got 97 aligned.
Lol. I got 18/20 in MC. I know that I got close to full marks, if not full, for short response. Long response questions were pretty good and I had adequately prepared for the certain part of the topics addressed.

Lina3

HSC
Wow great estimates, hope you guys achieve it! I've been playing around with a few ATAR calculators but been too superstitious to settle on a single estimate for fear I jinx it. Anyway, since my subjects are quite low scaling and considering I don't think my HSC went all that great, I'd say anywhere from mid 70's-low 90's

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Wow great estimates, hope you guys achieve it! I've been playing around with a few ATAR calculators but been too superstitious to settle on a single estimate for fear I jinx it. Anyway, since my subjects are quite low scaling and considering I don't think my HSC went all that great, I'd say anywhere from mid 70's-low 90's
Scaling isn't really an issue unless you're aiming for 99 +. The majority of my subjects scale quite poor (standard eng, gen maths, CAFS) but if you smash them you'll still get 90's.

A girl from my school did very poor scaling subjects and still managed to get 98, she did state rank standard english though.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Going off data of raws: 93-94. With one band 6.

Going off ATAR calculator and obliviousninja's help: 99 (Doubt it). With 5 band 6's.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Scaling isn't really an issue unless you're aiming for 99 +. The majority of my subjects scale quite poor (standard eng, gen maths, CAFS) but if you smash them you'll still get 90's.

A girl from my school did very poor scaling subjects and still managed to get 98, she did state rank standard english though.
True, scaling has minimal effect. After all, it is just a method of making the process fair for the amount of work you put in.
I thought you were one of them asian 5 subject people o_O. Never thought you were doing general and standard.
Then again, you tricked me for six months thinking that you were asian XD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)