What ranks do I need? (1 Viewer)

Triage

HSC
N/A
I looked through my schools HSC reports for the past 5 years, calculated the percentage of people that got a band 6 for my subjects and then took a percentage of by own grade. I then found the ranks I need to get a band 6 in everything.

I then put these into 4 ATAR calculator and saw that it came out with a 98.25 ATAR. Is this a valid method of finding out what ranks I need?

Furthermore, I am really, really panicking more than I ever have before in my life.

Can someone please give me an estimate of what ranks I need to get >98.5. I am so, so, so scared.

School rank 25.

Chemistry ?/50

economics ?/40

Maths ext 1 ?/55

maths ext 2 ?/20

english ?/130

I am really worried, someone please help me.

simplyinsanity

HSC
Firstly, calm down and don't panic :) Getting a band 6 in each of your subjects should enable you to achieve a 98.5+ atar comfortably.

Secondly, what are you putting into the atar calculators to get an estimate of 98.25? If you are putting in raw marks (ie the marks you get on your exams), this might be why the atar estimation is slightly lower than you expected.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
How many B6's did the 2013 cohort get in your subjects

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I think the method of you trying to find out ranks via that way is something I would've done. Although, it's not a reliable method because you need to keep in mind the strength of cohorts alter each year.

Scaling also changes annually, and is based on the strength of the cohorts.

Also, don't be scared about your ranks, etc. Fear is going to end up being the thing that stops you from potentially achieving your best.

If you want 98.5+, I would suggest these ranks at least:

Chemistry top 7/50

economics top 5/40

Maths ext 1 top 8/55

maths ext 2 top 5/20

english top 10/130

Another method you can use of figuring out your ranks is to check the minimum HSC marks you need for a 98.5 and try and figure out what you need internally to match those marks (use a reverse ATAR calculator)

don't panic!!

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Look at the duxify.com website (?), it is based on 2012 results I think since it might not be updated but it is quite accurate for me. You insert your school and your subject rankings to get an atar estimate, and you can play around with the ranks to see what ranks you may need to achieve your aim.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I went to a school with similar ranking and had a friend with similar subjects so IMO,

Chemistry top 5
Economics top 3
3U top 5
4U top 5 to 10
Eng top 10 to 15

Triage

HSC
N/A
Okay thankyou everyone for your replies.

I put all of my information and current ranks into duxify and came out with exactly 99. I am not a person easily excited as I am usually skeptical of estimated atars.

Can anyone vouch for the accuracy of duxify calculations based on rank and school?

Considering my school rank is quite high, is the estimate probably quite accurate?

thanks

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Okay thankyou everyone for your replies.

I put all of my information and current ranks into duxify and came out with exactly 99. I am not a person easily excited as I am usually skeptical of estimated atars.

Can anyone vouch for the accuracy of duxify calculations based on rank and school?

Considering my school rank is quite high, is the estimate probably quite accurate?

thanks
I think the maximum ATAR estimate you could get is 99 and the results only show in full integers, so I would assume that it rounds off. So I would think that the results indicated that your estimate would be 98.50+ ATAR. I had two friends that did it last year and both got 99 from duxify.com - they both ended up getting 98.60 and 99.90. Personally, my estimate was 94 but I ended up getting 94.80 which I attribute to smashing externals for two of my subjects whilst the other subjects were close to my internal assessment mark.

Just keep improving and you will surely be heading towards your goal :detective:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)