Will it be possible for me to get an ATAR of 90? (1 Viewer)

Geraldine

HSC
I'm a foreigner studying the Year 12 (WACE) which is pretty similar to HSC.I'm new to the Australian curriculum and also new to the subjects I've taken (Business,Accounting,Economics,English,Maths AB-the simplest math) as I've been in a pure science class up to Year 11.Thing is,I'm planning to pursue a degree in Economics in USYD or maybe law,if my ATAR is high enough.My problem here is that I've performed badly for the first few assessments.I've had 1 test for Economics and Business,2 tests for Accounting,and 4 tests for Maths.I've done poorly for Accounting for my first test,scoring probably around 30+ out of 50% for my paper,but I've since showed some improvement in my second test.As for economics,I've scored a 8% out of 13%,which is considered quite bad.Also,I've totally given up on math,it's too time consuming and most of the time I ended up staying up late revising and ended up not having enough time to finish the paper.And I've never gotten good marks for my maths tests.There goes my efforts :( IS it okay to just get a pass for maths and consider it as my 5th subject?
The ATAR is calculated based on the best 4 subjects,in which im planning to focus on (all the business subjects + english).I am willing to work hard on my accounting and economics,as I'm not really that good in it and I believe by focusing more on these subjects might be of great help next year in uni,plus i wont be utilizing maths in uni next year anyways.I know I should do great in all 5 subjects but no matter how hard I try,I just can't raise my maths scores.It's april now,and so far for all the tests I've sat for,will those bad results affect my overall ATAR score if I'm willing to give it all from now right up till finals in November?Will it be of much help to get a 90 if my marks improve from now?I can't really seek advice from anyone and I don't want to disappoint my parents who have high hopes on me.I live away from home and I don't want my parents to worry about me.I'm willing to work hard but I'm afraid I won't be able to score a 90.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't be afraid of failure, don't look back, look forward. Learn from your past mistakes and make yourself stronger by avoiding to make those same mistakes again. There is only one thing you can control-and that is trying your absolute best, so don't worry too much about whether you will get a certain ATAR or not, because the time you spent speculating, worrying and hypothesising is better spent at studying:) I have collated some senior study tips in this guide http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html (feel free to check it out and hopefully it will assist you in your studies)-May you define your own results and never let your results define you:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)