HELP !?!? Does hospitality affect my ATAR? (1 Viewer)

kudzayi6

HSC
hey so im currently in year 11 and doing:

1 unit studies of religion
general maths
hospitality
business studies
biology
chemistry
advanced English

I need to drop 1 subject for year 12 and i'm not sure if i should drop chemistry or hospitality.
Im enjoying chemistry but my marks aren't looking good but doesn't hospitality scale bad?
I know i could do well in it but the scaling rumors are discouraging me..

What subjects did you guys do along with hospitality and what ATAR did you get?

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello. Do your best and you should go well. I find the VET subjects common knowledge. It only affects your ATAR if you do 2 VET subjects e.g. Hospitality + Business Services... Then only 2U will count. As to dropping a subject, see how you go. Keep the subject you perform best in and enjoy. In this case, keep hospitality. Think about what you would like to do in the future... Do you want to do science at uni? Just think about it and wait to year 12. A certificate II in hospitality would be a bonus. Good luck!

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
You shouldn't drop it just because it "scales badly"

kudzayi6

HSC
thankss!

I want to get into oral health and then dentistry after that, but from everyone ive asked it only has basic chemsitry and i should be fine with what ive learnt in year 11 and since i have biology it should be fine. Its recommended for me to drop subjects for year 12 at my school since i currently have 13 units and those two are my options.

what subjects did you do and if you dont mind me asking what was your atar?

moocow920

HSC
Hey, just saw this and thought I might add, I am currently studying Oral Health aiming for Dent after, and I dropped chemistry after Year 11 and kept biology, and I also did general maths. Are you aiming for oral health at sydney uni, or somewhere else? If you are aiming for Sydney I would recommend keeping chemistry based on my cohorts experiences, however that part of the curriculum is currently being reworked and it may be different in 2015

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I am doing my HSC at the moment with 12 units - Advanced English, General Maths, Biology, Community & Family Studies, Italian Beginers and Business Services. I am aiming for 75-80... I am interested in doing something social or community related.

kudzayi6

HSC
@moocow im aiming for USYD or if that doesn't work out possible Charles sturt in orange..
I've heard/read rumors about oral health being risky as far as moving into dentistry, is that true?
Also what was the ATAR for the course and how is the interview structured?
Also what level of chemistry is done? like are there moles etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)