Advice on an 85 ATAR (1 Viewer)

kayel123

HSC
Hi everyone, I just need some advice here on achieving my ATAR goal of 85. I was wondering, if I drop down to General Maths will that substantially lower my mark to get an ATAR of 85? Also are there any tips on how I can improve in English as I'm not doing that well. My teacher doesn't really help us much and I know I have to improve in it to achieve anywhere close to an 85 ATAR.

3U English
2U Maths
Biology
Business Studies
PDHPE

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Drop to Gen maths if you are struggling badly in 2u, then get eez band 6, it won't hurt your ATAR.

Jenny927

Buttercup
HSC
I've seen many people in my 2U maths class struggle real bad, they achieve around 20 - 40% and those who got those marks were basically persuaded to move to Gen. And those who moved down to Gen are basically having sky rocket results (which I mean that by achieving 85 - 95% mostly 90s). Move down now, don't bother moving down after week 5 - 7 of year 12 or you'll be screwed with the amount of contents that needs to be learned.

Smooth Operator

HSC
What course do you want to do at Uni?
If mathematics is assumed knowledge sticking with it if you're achieving around 70% may not 'hurt' your ATAR..
On the other hand there are always bridging courses.

That being said General Mathematics is pretty easy and it may allow you to put in more effort to other subjects if you move to General Mathematics. Make a nice sustained effort throughout the whole year and an ATAR of 85 is fairly achievable regardless of your prior results IMO.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
If you do well in general, it is better than getting an average mark in 2U

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)