I failed my 3U Mathematics, will i still be able to do it? (1 Viewer)

treeantelope

HSC
Hey guys, i failed my Economics and 3U Mathematics because i didn't try due to it being year 11. I'm trying very hard now but i still failed 3U and my prelims. I'm trying very hard right now and studying a lot, will i still be able to do it? I've heard they can't actually pull you off the course for year 12.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Yes you've got time to improve

I've seen people from Year 11 with marks of 20% in Extension 1 going into Year 12 and finishing off with marks of 95%

~ Anything is possible just believe in yourself ~

treeantelope

HSC
Yes you've got time to improve

I've seen people from Year 11 with marks of 20% in Extension 1 going into Year 12 and finishing off with marks of 95%

~ Anything is possible just believe in yourself ~
Thanks! Just to be sure, they can't technically stop me from doing 3U right? :)

zhertec

HSC
If you're already in the course, generally no, UNLESS you obtain a vast amount of n-awards for that subjects in which they can (n award can only be achieved from actually not doing the assessment I think, but to be safe at least 50% for course average) But if you actually look like you're trying, then no they won't.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
You don't "fail" a course unless you don't make a serious attempt at assessments, which is what most people don't get. Getting below 50% is not a fail.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I dunno if they can get you out of 3U, in private schools yes they can but in public schools no not really unless 20-30% failing all the time they have no other choice but to... This is common at my school (public high school) as people are lacking, but anyway don't doubt the new south I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)