How accurate is predicted atar usually? (1 Viewer)

goobypls

HSC
Just wondering because my predicted atar was 85 but I'm fairly sure I screwed up maths and maybe economics. How much will doing badly in one or two externals affect my atar overall? I really need 82+ to get into my course but I just don't feel I did as well in HSC as I did in trials.

Machiavelli1

HSC
Well a predicted ATAR is exactly what it is, predicted, anything can change so it could be either very accurate or not even close depending on the situation.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Often highly inaccurate unless you have very consistent results to base the estimates on.

enoilgam

HSC
Very inaccurate and unreliable, because you are judging your cohort based on the one from a previous year and are basing it on only your internal marks. An estimate can really only give you a general idea of what you might get.

goobypls

HSC
Very inaccurate and unreliable, because you are judging your cohort based on the one from a previous year and are basing it on only your internal marks. An estimate can really only give you a general idea of what you might get.
Yeah I'm thinking my atar could be 5 points above or below at this point, the next month or two is going to be horrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)