Ranks for 99.95 (1 Viewer)

Cinnamon Brioche

HSC
N/A
Hi Bored of Studies

Can you please provide an indication of what ranks or marks I need to acquire to obtain a 99.95 ATAR? I currently go to a school that's about rank 5

Thanks

Feynman

HSC
First in everything, maybe 2nd in one. 4u maths, phys, chem and adv english are the only acceptable subjects

Cinnamon Brioche

HSC
N/A
Also the subjects that I do are Extension 1 English, Extension 2 mathematics, biology and chemistry

Cinnamon Brioche

HSC
N/A
I believe that none of you are answering my question seriously because 1) I know that people have achieved 99.95 without coming first in every single subject, and 2) there are many people who don't do subjects other than chem, phys who get that ATAR. I understand why you may think I am a troll because this is my first post and it's quite an abrupt one. I'd just like you to know that I am serious in my aim to achieve 99.95, although I am not expecting it due to its difficulty. I would just like a guide as to how my marks and ranks should be.

Mikasa

HSC
I think it's possible to be ranked lower in large cohort subjects like 4U maths (slightly), Eng Adv & Ext which top 5 schools seem to be super good at, but otherwise, rank 1 may be the way to go.
I know someone ranked in a top 20 school who got .95 while ranked 1st in everything except for like 3U maths which she came 5th or something. She ended up state ranking all the subjects she topped, though.

Cinnamon Brioche

HSC
N/A
I think it's possible to be ranked lower in large cohort subjects like 4U maths (slightly), Eng Adv & Ext which top 5 schools seem to be super good at, but otherwise, rank 1 may be the way to go.
I know someone ranked in a top 20 school who got .95 while ranked 1st in everything except for like 3U maths which she came 5th or something. She ended up state ranking all the subjects she topped, though.
Thank you for replying :) That is amazing! What school was she from?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
first in everything
this lol

I believe that none of you are answering my question seriously because 1) I know that people have achieved 99.95 without coming first in every single subject, and 2) there are many people who don't do subjects other than chem, phys who get that ATAR. I understand why you may think I am a troll because this is my first post and it's quite an abrupt one. I'd just like you to know that I am serious in my aim to achieve 99.95, although I am not expecting it due to its difficulty. I would just like a guide as to how my marks and ranks should be.
I would say be in the top 5% of each subject

Fiction

HSC
Have a look at your school's annual report to see the average atar people from your school normally get, the highest mark, how many over 99 etc to give yourself an estimate.

It's kind of obvious that you really need a good rank to get that .95 - even from a good school. I would say at least in the top 5 of your entire cohort - so around top 3-5 in each subject. This is just because in some years, schools can get a bunch of kids over 99 but no one actually gets .95.

emilios

HSC
depends on your school. with your subs, the following set of HSC marks should net you 99.95:
English (Adv) - 95
English Ex1 - 48/50
MX1 - 97
MX2 - 96
Chem - 95
Bio - 95-96

As you can see, those are quite high marks. So i'd say if you're at a top 20 school, aim for top 5 in all subs, if you're in a top 100 school, aim for top 3, if your school is below 100, aim for 1st in all subjects and even if you come 2nd in one or two subjects you still have a chance (since you do 11 units).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)