just a few questions (1 Viewer)

duhdevitt

HSC
1) is it possible to jump into to top 10 for bio/44, I'm currently 18th. The first assessment had a weighting of 30%
2) Is it possible to jump to being around 15/36 for English, right now I'm last :(. Assessment weighing was 15% and the marks were relatively close
3) When you guys write notes, do you understand what your writing or do you write the notes first then read over them and understand them
4) Am I the only one finding biology a pain
5) I know wrong thread but is a 92 atar achievable with my ranks

bio:18/44
Phys:3/30
Adv math:21/70
Adv eng:36/36
Software:1/31

School rank 40's

Yes I know a lot of questions. Just wanted to get them answered in one hit

Thanks again :), hope you guys are having a good break

atar goal:91 but will be happy with 85+

HSC
1 & 2 - Yes! But you need to put effort in and study hard!
3 - understand, you need to know what you're writing
5 - maybe

photastic

HSC
1) is it possible to jump into to top 10 for bio/44, I'm currently 18th. The first assessment had a weighting of 30%

Absolutely. If i can jump from bottom 10 to 3rd for maths, so can you.

2) Is it possible to jump to being around 15/36 for English, right now I'm last . Assessment weighing was 15% and the marks were relatively close

Yes but you seriously need to do some work this holidays.

3) When you guys write notes, do you understand what your writing or do you write the notes first then read over them and understand them

As I write my notes, I also re-evaluate my understanding. If I don't understand i definitely reference it.

4) Am I the only one finding biology a pain

Everyone I knew hated it.

5) I know wrong thread but is a 92 atar achievable with my ranks

Yes but that English though.

britaker

HSC
1. Of course, you've only had one assessment task so far
2. Again, yes
3. I try and translate the information I read into notes I understand - which means making notes takes a long time, however I've noticed it improves my recall and understanding significantly. So I'd go with the former.
4. Nah, I thought about 70% of biology was pure boredom tbh, especially the search for better health
5. Of course the ATAR is achievable, especially considering you've only completed one set of assessments and have a lot of time to improve your ranks!

Good luck :)

dinomyte

HSC

Yes it is very possible. Your rank isn't bad and you still have about 70% of assessments to go. If you work hard, then that is enough for you to jump ranks.

2) Is it possible to jump to being around 15/36 for English, right now I'm last . Assessment weighing was 15% and the marks were relatively close

Yes, 15% weighting is not that much. I was ranked 116/132 for english ext 1 after 30% worth of assessments, but then I jumped to 24th by the end of the year. You should be determined to improve and work hard. Also, this sounds cheesy but you should believe that you can do it. Believe that your true ability is not last in your class, but you actually have it in you to do better. At this point in time, which is still early in the year, you should use your ranks as a test of your current ability and as a jumping point to outdo yourself in the next assessments. Last year I was anxious over my marks for my first assessments, but my final marks turned out to be very different from my first assessment marks.

With this said, you still need to do hard work in English.

I've only written notes for Modern History, and I did it while understanding what I was writing. I think you learn better this way, as your brain consolidates information better when you are able to describe your understanding in your own words.

Can't answer your other questions, but good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)