What you need for a 99 atar (for asian subjects) (1 Viewer)

studynerd

HSC
So, the new school year is about to start and since i have an english essay due on the first day back.. i thought...what better time then now to look at how hard i have to work:lol::lol:

My journey began by typing "Atar Calculator".. 'cus thats what i do when i don't want to work nor feel as tho i'm procrastinating :awesome:

I went to the talent 100 calculator for the first time because the whole matrix app is boring... and thats when i saw it! The awesome graph of how subjects scale!!! i got all excited and played with it.. and here i am.. after two hours and no essay... i made an excel sheet on how many people (according to talent 100s old data) get 99+ atar. Don't get excited, i didn't do anything.... just typed in a few numbers from their website :lol::lol: I did this mostly so i could tell myself i did something for the good of mankind instead of doing that essay View attachment 31736 View attachment 31737

soooo.. if you don't understand what the above pictures represent... basically.. if only english advanced counted as your atar and you wanted a 99+.. then you would need 92.5 as a hsc mark, and 1525.888 people would have achieved this.. (just to be clear, you can't have decimals as your hsc mark... just as you can't have 88.8% of a person)

Also, there are some official documents in the uac website.. one of the key info i found: in the 2014 hsc, 926 students got an atar of 99+

There's a whole table here if you are aiming for something higher:lol:

A few more documents from the uac that i found to be.. interesting: Descriptive statistics and selected percentiles for HSC marks and scaled marks by course , Distributions of 2014 HSC marks by course

Now, I will sleep. And tomorrow, i will do my essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)