english band 6. How? (1 Viewer)

siakhan

HSC
hi,
I am currently in year 12.
my first assessment was 10% waiting. and both standard and advanced class did it ( around 52 people in total) and the average mark for the assignment was 9 out of 15 and I have got 9 on the dot.

can I still get a band six?.. even though my mark was 60 percecnt.. the highest mark was around 13/14 out of 15.
do I still have hope?

siakhan

HSC
thank you so much.
secondly, I school is ranked 100 in the state. so around what mark will I need to get ,(or rank) in order to get a band 6?

Anthel

HSC
N/A
What english course are you doing? Standard or Advanced? Regardless try to be top 15 or top 10 in your assessments and try to aim for >90 for english. This is only your first assessment you still got around 6 months and many more assessments getting band 6 is very much possible for you, thats if you're willing to put in the work and study right not hard but smart.

Jackyacoub

HSC
N/A
Never lose hope, especially with English. I got 7/10 and 7/15 for my first two assessment tasks for English Advanced and by the end of the HSC I woke up, looked at my results and saw 91/100 HSC mark and 92/100 examination mark.

Also, if you achieve 78+ in your trial examination, you're looking at a band 6 for english (Esp. english advanced)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
thank you so much.
secondly, I school is ranked 100 in the state. so around what mark will I need to get ,(or rank) in order to get a band 6?
How large is your advanced/standard cohort?

Constantine

HSC
Definitely.

I stuffed up my first assessment task which was worth 25% and lost my top three ranking from year 11. Those days were some dark, dark days. However I went back to my old pattern and every single assessment, including the trials, I managed to get consistent marks that ranged from 17-19. In the end I went back into the top ten and finished with high 90s in the HSC which is a b6.

10% is nothing. You will be just fine if you pick it back up now.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I've had students who failed their first exams for English but most ending up with a solid band 6 and some with a high band 5, they worked really hard to move up the ranks. With a mark like 9/15 you still have heaps of room to improve and it's not a completely terrible mark if your aiming for a Band 6.

harsheensaran

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm doing my hsc this year and just recently I did my 2nd assessment task which was worth 15%, until I was told by a teacher I will be receiving zero because I came late to school on that day. But anyways I gave in a illness and misadventure form in, which I hope they appeal to it. But if it doesn't my rank will go down to the very bottom. And in my 1st assessment task I didn't do well. So is there still any chance I can still get a band 5/6, if I work hard????

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Hey guys,
I'm doing my hsc this year and just recently I did my 2nd assessment task which was worth 15%, until I was told by a teacher I will be receiving zero because I came late to school on that day. But anyways I gave in a illness and misadventure form in, which I hope they appeal to it. But if it doesn't my rank will go down to the very bottom. And in my 1st assessment task I didn't do well. So is there still any chance I can still get a band 5/6, if I work hard????
Ahh that explains why you got called down during English the other day

Don't worry there have been plenty of people who have failed their first few assessment tasks but have still managed to get a band 5 / 6 :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,
Depends on your school ranking.I'd say more then possible at this point.

harsheensaran

HSC
Ahh that explains why you got called down during English the other day

Don't worry there have been plenty of people who have failed their first few assessment tasks but have still managed to get a band 5 / 6 :)

Cheers brah!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)