Hey guys I need SERIOUS help!! (1 Viewer)

juampabonilla

HSC
N/A
Im a yr 10 student who is trying to do the math ext1 and ext2 hsc. Because at the school I go to noone gives you a real help I stuffed up big time. Noone told me that the all the tests you do from the beggining of yr 12 counted towards the hsc, so I had this ext1 test the other day which was worth 20% out of 100% together from all the tests in the year. I though this 20% was just a class mark and so I didn't study hard enough. I ended up getting 86% in the test. What I want to know is does this test go towards my ATAR, and if so how much percent does it occupy in my ATAR? I know that for ext 2 I'm gonna go really well, close to 100%. Does this mark cont more than the ext 1 mark? Im a bit lost and I need help. Also if I do my hsc more than 1 time, is this gonna look bad on my records?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
It doesn't affect your ATAR directly. The mark you got affects what rank you are in your cohort. Your rank + relative gap between your cohort's assessment marks will be used to calculate your HSC assessment mark, a.k.a internal mark. Don't stress too much if you're not ranked very well as you still have 80% of your assessments to go.

juampabonilla

HSC
N/A
Whatdoes this mean? What do you mean by HSC assessment mark? What is the most important thing? What are the advantages of being ranked high?

juampabonilla

HSC
N/A
Im sorry for so many questions but I feel like this is an important topic to discuss

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Whatdoes this mean? What do you mean by HSC assessment mark? What is the most important thing? What are the advantages of being ranked high?
Your HSC Mark has two constituents, your Exam Mark and you Assessment Mark both of which are worth 50% of your final HSC Mark.

Your Exam Mark is the mark your achieve for a subject. Your Assessment Mark is determined by your rank in your class and the relative gaps between you and your cohort in internal marks. If you're ranked first or last internally your assessment mark is equal to the highest or lowest exam mark respectively from your cohort. If you're not ranked first or last then your assessment mark is calculated using your rank and relative gaps in internal marks.

Ideally, you want to be ranked first to maximize your ATAR, your internal mark doesn't mean much in this case. If you aren't ranked first then you want to be as close as possible to first in terms of marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)