Moderation (1 Viewer)

FlyingGullible

HSC
If you rank first internally, are you guaranteed the highest external mark for your school (with that being solely dependent on your external performance) for your internal mark?
I always had the idea that that was how it worked, but someone told me differently.

I stuffed my first exams, and ended up with a relatively disappointing result. Saying hypothetically, if I could bounce back and rank first internally, would that virtually negate the fact that I had a disappointing raw mark for my first assessment (in the case that I also do reasonably well externally)?

Or, no matter how well I do, will I be dragged down by my poor results in the first assessment?

I guess, in other words, if I rank first internally in both scenarios, and get say X HSC mark externally, does my first assessment mark matter in terms of moderating/scaling? And also, Does coming first by 1 mark or 10 marks make a difference, to my internal mark?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
If you rank first internally, are you guaranteed the highest external mark for your school (with that being solely dependent on your external performance) for your internal mark?
I always had the idea that that was how it worked, but someone told me differently.

I stuffed my first exams, and ended up with a relatively disappointing result. Saying hypothetically, if I could bounce back and rank first internally, would that virtually negate the fact that I had a disappointing raw mark for my first assessment (in the case that I also do reasonably well externally)?

Or, no matter how well I do, will I be dragged down by my poor results in the first assessment?

I guess, in other words, if I rank first internally in both scenarios, and get say X HSC mark externally, does my first assessment mark matter in terms of moderating/scaling? And also, Does coming first by 1 mark or 10 marks make a difference, to my internal mark?
If you are ranked first then your Assessment Mark will be equal to the highest external Exam Mark from your cohort.

Your internal mark does not matter as long as you are ranked first. If you aren't ranked first then the relative gaps in internal marks will be taken into account while moderating your Assessment Mark.

If you come first by 1 or 10 marks does not make a difference, you will still get the highest external Exam Mark from your cohort as your Assessment Mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)