should i drop chemistry? (1 Viewer)

illyp9

HSC
so im in year 11 and its coming around that time where i have to drop/pick up subjects. Right now my subjects are:
Ext 1 english
Mathematics
chemisty
biology
legal
spanish

Im dropping spanish and i really want to drop chemistry and pick up ext 2 but my parents are very unsupportive. I dont know what to do. i have talked to a few people and theyve told me chemistry is really boring in year 12 which has kind of let me down. what should i drop? i was thinking of doing general maths or senior science.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
what do you want to study in the future? If you're not ded set on a degree, you're fking yourself over by dropping maths. (reference to the many 'i want to be engineer but did no mafs' threads)
You should try out chemistry before dropping, everyone has different opinions
And pick up ext 2 if you feel that you can do it. My dad thought my mafs lvl was not beyond gen maths (can't blame him, i was pretty stupid back then) but ended up picking 3u, so i can relate to you somewhat

shesonfire

HSC
N/A
what do you want to study in the future? If you're not ded set on a degree, you're fking yourself over by dropping maths. (reference to the many 'i want to be engineer but did no mafs' threads)
You should try out chemistry before dropping, everyone has different opinions
And pick up ext 2 if you feel that you can do it
. My dad thought my mafs lvl was not beyond gen maths (can't blame him, i was pretty stupid back then) but ended up picking 3u, so i can relate to you somewhat
^ Completely agree.

See how you go for the first term of year 12 with Chemistry. 14 units (if I can count right?) is going to be a pain in the neck, especially since English Extension 2 is a major work. But trying doesn't hurt and you can always have back up plans.

Also, are you doing better in Mathematics or Chemistry? If Mathematics isn't your strong point, perhaps drop down to general and keep Chemistry. Or, do Senior Science instead of Chemistry but keep Mathematics.

It's always great to also talk to your teachers or careers adviser or even the year twelves at your school.

Like I have said earlier, try term 1 Chemistry and English Extension 2. I do Chemistry and believe me, if you put in the hard work and will power, you can achieve anything. But, if you struggling with the workload and content, or just feel that its a tad too boring, Science Senior can be a back up.

Remember, at the end of the day, choose the subjects you love doing because, then, its easier to learn and grasp the concepts. And, ultimately, ace it.

:)

hazelpug

HSC
Do whatever will maximise your marks/ hsc and honestly english extension 2, if you have an idea on what to want to do for your major work is a lot easier then chemistry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)