Rankings needed for 99+ atar? (1 Viewer)

hscc

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone. My school is ranked mid 30s as of last year. What ranks do I need to get (minimum) to be in the running for a 99+ atar?

Subjects:

3u maths (Total: ~60-70 people)
4u maths (Total: 20 people)
SDD (Total: 7 people)
Economics (Total: 48 people)

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
Well seeing as you didn't include what english you're doing, i'll assume you're doing advanced english. The easiest way to know what ranks you'll require is to find out how many people got B6 in your school. Typically, this number doesn't vary too much unless the cohort for a subject decreased/increased dramatically or the cohort as an overall did far better/worse than usual.

You can potentially get 99+ by achieving low to mid 90s for your subjects. So grab the number of students with B6 in a certain subject and take a couple of ranks off, and that should be the minimum that you aim for. E.g. if 35 people got B6 in 3U, you should aim for at least mid 20s, etc.

However, if you are doing any level of english lower than advanced, you would have to aim higher than low 90s for english.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
3u maths - top 3
4th maths - top 3
SDD - 1st
Economics - 1st

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Hi everyone. My school is ranked mid 30s as of last year. What ranks do I need to get (minimum) to be in the running for a 99+ atar?

Subjects:

3u maths (Total: ~60-70 people)
4u maths (Total: 20 people)
SDD (Total: 7 people)
Economics (Total: 48 people)
For a 99+ ATAR, it's a bit of guesswork to accurately determine ranks you'd need, but it isn't difficult to find what ranks you would need to B6 every subject (If you get 90 in every subject that usually works out to like 96-97 ATAR I think) so do better than those ranks.

How to find B6 Ranks

1. Go to the website topscores.info and work out how many people got b6/e4 in your subjects in a year at your school
2. Go back a few years and take an average to increase reliability lelel
3. If on average say 30 people get an E4 in 3U maths, then to get a band 6 you definitely want to be in that top 30, and probably better to be at a 99+ ATAR level

hscc

HSC
N/A
Well seeing as you didn't include what english you're doing, i'll assume you're doing advanced english. The easiest way to know what ranks you'll require is to find out how many people got B6 in your school. Typically, this number doesn't vary too much unless the cohort for a subject decreased/increased dramatically or the cohort as an overall did far better/worse than usual.

You can potentially get 99+ by achieving low to mid 90s for your subjects. So grab the number of students with B6 in a certain subject and take a couple of ranks off, and that should be the minimum that you aim for. E.g. if 35 people got B6 in 3U, you should aim for at least mid 20s, etc.

However, if you are doing any level of english lower than advanced, you would have to aim higher than low 90s for english.
Hi, I do advanced english. Furthermore, is that low-mid 90s with scaling? (i.e. final marks)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)