Haven't been doing too well in year 12, can I still get an atar of 75-80? (1 Viewer)

CelticDove

HSC
I haven't been doing as well as I thought I would in my year 12 exams, mainly due to time management, and i feel like the atar I want (80) is out of my reach. I just wanted to know if it's too late to bounce back, and say if I worked my butt off for trials and HSC, could I still achieve a high ATAR?
btw I do chem, SORII, standard english, general maths, senior science

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Study 15 hours a week at least and you got that atar!

RyanT7

HSC
I haven't been doing as well as I thought I would in my year 12 exams, mainly due to time management, and i feel like the atar I want (80) is out of my reach. I just wanted to know if it's too late to bounce back, and say if I worked my butt off for trials and HSC, could I still achieve a high ATAR?
btw I do chem, SORII, standard english, general maths, senior science
Any idea what your ranks for your subjects are right now, and the school rank ? Also how many school assessments % wise do you have left ?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
There is still time. Plus remember externals do make up 50% of your final ATAR.

RyanT7

HSC
80+ is definitely still in reach, even 90. It just depends how hard you work from here

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
There is definitely still time; so far you've only completed significantly less than half of the assessments/tests that go towards your final HSC marks. Try and be consistent with your study between now and the final exams; consistency is a large part of time management that a lot of people struggle with - if you can be consistently studying a lot between now and the end of your HSC, you should definitely be able to achieve a good ATAR.

Elixir

HSC
if you can be consistently studying a lot between now and the end of your HSC, you should definitely be able to achieve a good ATAR.
100% the key is consistency when studying for the HSC. If you are able to consistently study smart between now and the HSC you will definitely achieve your desired ATAR, maybe even more.

Good luck in your studies!

Flop21

HSC
Guys you all need to seriously chill.

If we're being real here, I pretty much did hardly anything right up till trials. Wasted time doing irrelevant things (like making long notes).

I got stuck into it straight after trials, you get a pretty large gap between trials and HSC (it's not overly massive though so watch out). If you truly just study non stop throughout that gap, you'll do fine.

Aim to maintain a pretty good internal rank though so it doesn't pull you down too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)