4u MATHS (12U Total) vs PD/H/PE (13U Total) (1 Viewer)

UnKnow

HSC
Should I 4u Maths with a total of 12 units of study or should I do PDHPE with a total of 13 units of study.

My subjects are:

English Advanced

Mathematics Extension 1

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

PDHPE

[I haven't got my results back for any of them so I don't no my ranking just yet (sorry)]

I would have simply just gotten rid of PDHPE and been happy with 11 units but my schools policy forces everyone to undertake a minimum of 12 units of study and I don't know what to do (if anyone has any idea how to get past this, PLEASE DO TELL ;).

I like maths but I don't want to have to spend 50% of my time studying maths (which is apparently the recommended time one should study for MX2 out of their entire study time), but i am somewhat hesitant on keeping PDHPE because then ill have 13 units, when this is my chance to cut it down to 12 uniits.

So what is more difficult 12u with MX2 or 13u

But theirs also another issue, I want maximize my ATAR and get into MEDICINE, which means an ATAR of 99.95 would be nice ;)

So here's my dilemma guys I've been a reader for EVER, but a first time poster so please forgive me if I've done anything wrong.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
high atar = 4u
best subject = pdhpe

Maybe try out the subjects in yr 11 and see how u go
Pree sure u will like any subject more than bio..

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
You should probably do 4U as it scales (much) better and you said you would have liked to have been rid of PDHPE anyway.

UnKnow

HSC
I am most worruied about the course workload of the 2 nd the amount of time itl'll from my overall study time.

so really, which would take more time to study overal; 4u MATHS (12U Total) vs PD/H/PE (13U Total)

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
12U is definitely easier than 13U. If you take up 4U, it overlaps with 3U. If you decide to take up PDHPE, that's an entirely different subject. Heaps of the stuff you learn in 3U can be carried over to 4U and vice versa. If you take up 4U, it will definitely strengthen your 3U. If you're aiming for med, i highly recommend 4U. If you have the capabilities of doing 4U, it is VERY VERY rewarding. You would have to do VERY well in 2U just to match an average mark in 4U. I also don't think it's 50% of your study time lol That's very extreme and it might cause you do to badly in your other subjects.

Also, if they're forcing you to do 12 units of study, it'll probably be easier to just focus on the 10 you think you'll do best in. Who cares about the last 2 units. It won't count towards your ATAR anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)