Question about moderation (1 Viewer)

lilboat

HSC
Are internal ranks preserved when deciding on an internal mark regardless of if a student surpasses expectations during the external HSC exam? Thanks

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Are internal ranks preserved when deciding on an internal mark regardless of if a student surpasses expectations during the external HSC exam? Thanks
Yeah, they do this by giving the first ranked student the highest assessment mark so they're ranked first in internal rank regardless.

lilboat

HSC
Yeah, they do this by giving the first ranked student the highest assessment mark so they're ranked first in internal rank regardless.
How about say if rank 10 attains a higher mark externally than rank 6, will the rank 10 receive the 10th highest mark internally or will it be moderated to be above/around rank 6s? Or will it meet in the middle and be somewhere around rank 8s mark? Thanks i appreciate it.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
How about say if rank 10 attains a higher mark externally than rank 6, will the rank 10 receive the 10th highest mark internally or will it be moderated to be above/around rank 6s? Or will it meet in the middle and be somewhere around rank 8s mark? Thanks i appreciate it.
I did HSC accelerated for 2 unit maths and was on a tie ranked and can tell you that regardless of what u do in the HSC exam (being do well above ur rank like I did or worse) your internal assesment mark will still be based upon that internal rank. But regardless from the HSC it is possible however difficult but you can actually still get a very high overall mark even if your assesment mark isn't great, like I got 93 for assessment which was like 15th rank but got 99 in HSC, so overall got 96 which was 3rd highest mark overall in my school.

A1P

HSC
How about say if rank 10 attains a higher mark externally than rank 6, will the rank 10 receive the 10th highest mark internally or will it be moderated to be above/around rank 6s? Or will it meet in the middle and be somewhere around rank 8s mark?
After moderation rank 10th's Assessment mark will still be four ranks below 6th's Assessment mark.
However 10th's HSC mark can be higher than 6th's, if 10th outscores 6th in the exam by more than being outscored in internal.

This post should give you a good visualisation of how moderation works
http://community.boredofstudies.org...tion-hsc-marks-moderating-13.html#post7192149

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)