Dramatically Different Results Externally (1 Viewer)

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
This is more of a hypothetical, since such an event is highly unlikely, but I'm still really curious.

What were to happen, if a student was to perform drastically different externally than internally (specifically, rank wise)? I know there are special procedures for students that perform very badly or apply for misadventure/illness where if they don't pass an estimated threshold of something like 7.5marks/unit or something they get excluded from the moderation of marks with the rest of their cohort.

However, what would happen if a student who was ranking not-so-great (somewhere around the centre of a large cohort, like ~50/100) was to rank first (or top 3 or so) externally? (You can assume that cohort has a pretty even spread from very low marks to almost 100).

Would they end up with an awful internal moderated mark and a great external mark?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty much happened to me last year lol in accelerated 2 unit, got 93 internal, 99 external

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
This is more of a hypothetical, since such an event is highly unlikely, but I'm still really curious.

What were to happen, if a student was to perform drastically different externally than internally (specifically, rank wise)? I know there are special procedures for students that perform very badly or apply for misadventure/illness where if they don't pass an estimated threshold of something like 7.5marks/unit or something they get excluded from the moderation of marks with the rest of their cohort.

However, what would happen if a student who was ranking not-so-great (somewhere around the centre of a large cohort, like ~50/100) was to rank first (or top 3 or so) externally? (You can assume that cohort has a pretty even spread from very low marks to almost 100).

Would they end up with an awful internal moderated mark and a great external mark?
You always keep your own external mark. So you'd basically keep your great external mark and get a bad or average internal mark (depends on how the cohort went externally).

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Pretty much happened to me last year lol in accelerated 2 unit, got 93 internal, 99 external
ahaha last I checked 93 internal isn't bad

You always keep your own external mark. So you'd basically keep your great external mark and get a bad or average internal mark (depends on how the cohort went externally).
So there's no special clauses that apply -- coolio, thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)