Honest thoughts on my Yr 11 ranks? (1 Viewer)

Bluee

HSC
I want a review of my ranks like an ATAR estimate.

School Rank 40s
Adv English 114/170 (Might be changing to Standard)
3 Unit Maths 26/67
Mathematics 21/158
Physics 11/46
Chemistry 8/92
Serbian Continuers (Saturday School) 14/20

I am probably going to drop Serbian and theres is a chance I will be chnaged from Advanced to Standard English. I need to get at least 97 and worried I won't get that becuase I might be moving into Standard.

Last edited:

pitapita

HSC
Re: Honest ATAR estimate for Yr 11

Dont understand how we can give an atar estimate to prelim ranks. Everything changes in year 12, people start trying, assessments/topics differ etc.. Even if u get an atar estimate it wouldnt be of any value, because it all depends on how well u do during ur hsc.

Bluee

HSC

Its good to have an idea of how I am progressing. I want to know at least where I am at the moment.

Isnt that same for all other ATAR estimates becuase it depended how well people do in the HSC at the end of the day? That means ATAR estimates are pretty much useless according to you.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

Its good to have an idea of how I am progressing. I want to know at least where I am at the moment.

Isnt that same for all other ATAR estimates becuase it depended how well people do in the HSC at the end of the day? That means ATAR estimates are pretty much useless according to you.
You will have to push for 97. And if you drop to Standard, you may lose your chance altogether.

Bluee

HSC

You will have to push for 97. And if you drop to Standard, you may lose your chance altogether.
I am biting my nails I can't be dropping down to Standard.

Guess I am in for the fight of my life. I think its realistic if I push for something like 99 in case if I do Standard so I can try get somewhere close to 97.

HSC
what do you want to know, you need to improve your english and serbian by a lot to be in the running for 97. don't drop to standard, it's very unlikely that you will perform that much better in it

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
No point estimating year 11 since in year 12 it's guaranteed that everyone tries way harder and some people could be better at the year 12 content as well.

pitapita

HSC

lmao. Where u are at the moment, wont be where u are in 1 year time. how u progressed so far resets at year 12, so its completely useless to get an atar estimate. I can just say u will get 60 atar and u will be demotivated. Its best to get estimates after ur trials in ur HSC year. Also yes atar estimates are pretty useless for PRELIM ranks, as i have applied previously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)