Estimate Please!? Official ranks (1 Viewer)

Determined101

HSC
2/130 Advanced English (no. of band 6s usually = 13)
2/49 Business Studies (no. = 5)
2/12 Geography (no. = 4)
4/114 Studies of Religion II (no. = 10)
7/76 General mathematics (no. = 11)

School ranking is around 65

estimate please?

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
General mathematics , geography are not high scalers. Business studies,advanced english and SOR II have decent scaling. With the rankin you have for your subjects i would say 88-92 ( at best with your rankings assuming no 1 and 2 differences are by like 1 or 2 marks). This doesnt take in consideration of other factors and such. If you want a more accurate estimate i would say give your examinations marks and as much information as possible ( eg if you are doing the LAT or UMAT)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
>accurate estime
> LAT and UMAT
> HSC 2018?!

Don't listen to this guy - I'd estimate around 96~

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
2/130 Advanced English (no. of band 6s usually = 13)
2/49 Business Studies (no. = 5)
2/12 Geography (no. = 4)
4/114 Studies of Religion II (no. = 10)
7/76 General mathematics (no. = 11)

School ranking is around 65

estimate please?
94-96.5.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
He gave zero information that could determine his accuracy of his atar. So i based it of the thought that his rank 2 is below rank 1 by 1-10% in terms of marks. I also took in consideration of the possibilty of how well his grade could have done. By saying his atar is 96~ that is so generalised and in a way "saying it for the sake of making him happy" , since you have taken zero consideration of the factors that can influence it. My atar estimate of 88-92 is a safe estimate in a way it caters for a weaker cohort and such. Thats why i asked him to give his marks , as such if his cohort was stronger and his demonstrated ability was high his atar would be at least 93+. You have taken zero consideration of how atar is actually given and the factors prevalient. But when it comes to it this is atar scaling on the school based area instead of raw marks. It is so risky to give such a high atar calculation with 0 knowledge of the many factors that can influence it. ( i actually have had pre knowledge of how a persons atar was calculated within 2007-2010 from the previous education ministers). Thats why i rather give him a safe estimate ( that is not accurate) from the information he gives, then someone like you who is like 96 automatically or the others who commented saying 97. I even specifically said it was a inaccurate estimate , but a safe one. Learn your facts before trying to put down someone elses knowledge and opinion. Thats why this is a open forum.

If he has those ranks with a school in the top 65 - there is no way he'd get 88-92.. You told me to lean my facts but you've literally stated none yourself? He's literally ranked 2nd in more than half of his subjects - I'm sure there wouldn't be such a great deviation in marks at a school with a relatively high rank. If I wanted to make him happy btw, I'd easily just say 98-99 so I'm not sure what you're playing at.

So please. Finalise your subject selections and I'm sure you'll learn alot more about this process in the next two years than what your education minister squad have told you.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
If he has those ranks with a school in the top 65 - there is no way he'd get 88-92.. You told me to lean my facts but you've literally stated none yourself? He's literally ranked 2nd in more than half of his subjects - I'm sure there wouldn't be such a great deviation in marks at a school with a relatively high rank. If I wanted to make him happy btw, I'd easily just say 98-99 so I'm not sure what you're playing at.

So please. Finalise your subject selections and I'm sure you'll learn alot more about this process in the next two years than what your education minister squad have told you.
Lmao recked

tonysoprano

HSC
He gave zero information that could determine his accuracy of his atar. So i based it of the thought that his rank 2 is below rank 1 by 1-10% in terms of marks. I also took in consideration of the possibilty of how well his grade could have done. By saying his atar is 96~ that is so generalised and in a way "saying it for the sake of making him happy" , since you have taken zero consideration of the factors that can influence it. My atar estimate of 88-92 is a safe estimate in a way it caters for a weaker cohort and such. Thats why i asked him to give his marks , as such if his cohort was stronger and his demonstrated ability was high his atar would be at least 93+. You have taken zero consideration of how atar is actually given and the factors prevalient. But when it comes to it this is atar scaling on the school based area instead of raw marks. It is so risky to give such a high atar calculation with 0 knowledge of the many factors that can influence it. ( i actually have had pre knowledge of how a persons atar was calculated within 2007-2010 from the previous education ministers). Thats why i rather give him a safe estimate ( that is not accurate) from the information he gives, then someone like you who is like 96 automatically or the others who commented saying 97. I even specifically said it was a inaccurate estimate , but a safe one. Learn your facts before trying to put down someone elses knowledge and opinion. Thats why this is a open forum.

You're an idiot. You clearly have no fucking idea how to go about estimating ATARs.

blue denim 98

HSC
If this guy's school had around 6 people get above 98 with dux around 99.5, what would you estimate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)