Resit accelerated course? (1 Viewer)

egal

HSC
Hey! So I did ancient history accelerated and am fairly disappointed with my mark. I got 96 for trials but 89 for HSC (possibly because I sat the test whilst I had glandular fever and didn't apply for misadventure).

I am aiming for an atar of 98.5 and think I should probably resit the exam in case. My subjects right now are

3u maths
3u English
French
Economics

So I have 10 I'm actively doing and have 12 in total.

What are your thoughts on resitting the exam next year? Is it worth it?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey! So I did ancient history accelerated and am fairly disappointed with my mark. I got 96 for trials but 89 for HSC (possibly because I sat the test whilst I had glandular fever and didn't apply for misadventure).

I am aiming for an atar of 98.5 and think I should probably resit the exam in case. My subjects right now are

3u maths
3u English
French
Economics

So I have 10 I'm actively doing and have 12 in total.

What are your thoughts on resitting the exam next year? Is it worth it?
Yeah it could be worth it like for example I resat 2 unit maths and improved from 96 to 98 (wanted more like a 99 or 100), but you need to consider will you be able to perform to the same level in all school assessments again to get the same ranking, but other than that I'd say go for it if you're not happy with the mark

egal

HSC
Yeah it could be worth it like for example I resat 2 unit maths and improved from 96 to 98 (wanted more like a 99 or 100), but you need to consider will you be able to perform to the same level in all school assessments again to get the same ranking, but other than that I'd say go for it if you're not happy with the mark
Hey! thank you, i actually don't have to do any in school tasks again, it's only the hsc exam itself

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey! thank you, i actually don't have to do any in school tasks again, it's only the hsc exam itself
Oh alright just make sure though that you keep up to date with the content because I know it's been like 2 months since I did the HSC and I've already forgotten so much

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Well logically it will be the same as the previous year.
If that makes him come first internally wouldn't the student ranked second complain since they didn't sit the assessments?

D94

HSC
N/A
If that makes him come first internally wouldn't the student ranked second complain since they didn't sit the assessments?
But she did, just in the previous year. Might be unfair, might not be - depends on the quality of the school assessments. Still shouldn't directly affect how others perform in school though.

egal

HSC
I was first in every in school assessment and finished with an average of 95.. There is no hsc ancient class running this year so i couldn't redo classes (because people in my year did it accelerated)

123ryoma12

HSC
I was first in every in school assessment and finished with an average of 95.. There is no hsc ancient class running this year so i couldn't redo classes (because people in my year did it accelerated)
lucky
are you guys doing the half/half system
where you do half your hsc subjects in year 11 and the other half in year 12?

egal

HSC
yeah it's good, i think i may just do a practice paper once a fortnight (or month..) and cram in the month leading up to the exam. I remember it all pretty well now so ill just revise a bit throughout the year.

And if it counts towards my atar, they always use the better mark so i think it should be sweeet

egal

HSC
nope, we just had 2 accelerated classes for engineering and ancient, but most people still do 10 units after accelerated. My workload really isnt that bad(content wise) so resitting it shouldnt be too bad.

D94

HSC
N/A
This is good, though note that your HSC exam mark will be your final mark.

And if it counts towards my atar, they always use the better mark so i think it should be sweeet
It's your most recent attempt that they will use (even if it's worse), should it count towards your ATAR.

egal

HSC
This is good, though note that your HSC exam mark will be your final mark.

It's your most recent attempt that they will use (even if it's worse), should it count towards your ATAR.
Really? My teachers said it was the better one.

And no I don't think it will count towards my atar. I performed far better in my other subjects for prelims than for ancient prelims. I'm not sure though. I just won't get glandular fever before the exam next year ahahah

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Really? My teachers said it was the better one.

And no I don't think it will count towards my atar. I performed far better in my other subjects for prelims than for ancient prelims. I'm not sure though. I just won't get glandular fever before the exam next year ahahah
Nah they always count the most recent one.

HSC
I say go for it. It seems to me that you have a very specific and clear goal in mind and are therefore driven to succeed.

egal

HSC
I say go for it. It seems to me that you have a very specific and clear goal in mind and are therefore driven to succeed.
aw thank you!! Yess I think I'll just do a practice paper a fortnight, does that sound like a good amount? I did about the same last year, so I think that will be a good way to remember the content etc. do you think that would be enough?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)