Very mediocre first internal HSC marks - is a 99+ ATAR already out of the question? (1 Viewer)

Pessimism

HSC
In the last month I've been, for the most of it, struck with my marks for our first internal assessments.
My school ranks around 25-30 in NSW on average.

I worked extremely hard this term however I just got flattened due to my mind betraying me in the exam itself (have a tendency to work way to slow, make horrible judgements due to nerve, self-consciousness of slow tempo and consequently not reading the question properly or making common sense errors).

[15%]Adv. English: 14/20 (Module A 1984/Metropolis - estimating for now), likely 75/100 in year
[15%]Physics: 14/21 (practical exam), 35th out of ~70
[15%]Economics: 21/35, 44th out of 56
[10%]Ext1 Maths: 27.5/30, equal 21st in year out of ~80
[10%]2U Maths: 28.5/35, 44th in year out of ~80
[05%]Modern History: 16/25, guessing 52nd out of 60

[x%] weightings are of HSC Assessment - not sure about Mod His however. Is it uncommon for schools to factor in the 50% weighted final HSC exams in?
There is a total of ~200 students in my year.

I have unreal ambitions for the HSC and don't doubt my willingness to work, however how much of this partial 'f*ck-up' has already costed me my more fantasy-like ATAR goals? If I were to persist with these marks what ATAR would I get? If I were to make an idealistic repair to methods of studying and perfect my in-exam flow, gaining near-top marks which better reflect the time I spend working, would I still be able to get a top mark?

Last edited:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Re: Very mediocre first internal HSC marks - is a 99+ ATAR already out of the questio

In the last month I've been, for the most of it, struck with my marks for our first internal assessments.
My school ranks around 25-30 in NSW on average.

I worked extremely hard this term however I just got flattened due to my mind betraying me in the exam itself (have a tendency to work way to slow, make horrible judgements due to nerve, self-consciousness of slow tempo and consequently not reading the question properly or making common sense errors).

[15%]Adv. English: 14/20 (Module A 1984/Metropolis - estimating for now), likely 75/100 in year
[15%]Physics: 14/21 (practical exam), 35th out of ~70
[15%]Economics: 21/35, 44th out of 56
[10%]Ext1 Maths: 27.5/30, equal 21st in year out of ~80
[10%]2U Maths: 28.5/35, 44th in year out of ~80
[05%]Modern History: 16/25, guessing 52nd out of 60

[x%] weightings are of HSC Assessment - not sure about Mod His however. Is it uncommon for schools to factor in the 50% weighted final HSC exams in?
There is a total of ~200 students in my year.

I have unreal ambitions for the HSC and don't doubt my willingness to work, however how much of this partial 'f*ck-up' has already costed me my more fantasy-like ATAR goals? If I were to persist with these marks what ATAR would I get? If I were to make an idealistic repair to methods of studying and perfect my in-exam flow, gaining near-top marks which better reflect the time I spend working, would I still be able to get a top mark?
Yes, it's still possible to get 99+ ATAR.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Very mediocre first internal HSC marks - is a 99+ ATAR already out of the questio

I suggest you to evaluate your current studying methods and efficiency rather than speculate on possibilities, make it a possibility through hard and SMART studying methods consistently. Given your exam technique is letting you down, make sure you practice more often under exam conditions so that nerves don't take control of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)