Which HSC Subject Should I Drop? (1 Viewer)

nimbikins

HSC
Hey,

I want to drop down to 10 units as soon as I can, but I'm struggling with what to drop because I really don't hate or struggle with any of my subjects. I'd love to keep all of my units but I'm struggling to keep up and do my best in all of them. I have an extracurricular activity into which I invest a lot of time after school and on weekends, and even so, I am much more productive at school in breaks and free periods than I am at home.

I'm tossing up between Ancient History and German Beginners because they are the two I enjoy least. I can't remember my prelim ranks exactly, but they were approx 8/30 for Ancient and 3/15 for German. My marks in the last lot of assessments were 92 for Ancient and 88 for German, and these were my two lowest marks out of all of my subjects.

German is much easier for me and I can do really well with little/no preparation, but I'm worried that my lack of motivation to study for German will screw me up down the track. For Ancient, I actually need to study a bit to do well, but studying for Ancient is more bearable once I get into it.

Neither Ancient or German are 'assumed knowledge' for the University courses that I'm looking at, so whatever I choose to drop won't affect my tertiary studies. Ultimately the reason I want to drop a subject is so that I can free up as much time as possible, so that I can invest more into my remaining 10 units and my extracurricular activity. I could choose to keep all 12 units, but I know that in the end I wouldn't be able to do my best. Any advice? :fish:

astroman

HSC
Why not keep both until a bit longer? See how your ranks compare with one another in a few months time and then think about what to drop.

boredsatan

HSC
Hey,

I want to drop down to 10 units as soon as I can, but I'm struggling with what to drop because I really don't hate or struggle with any of my subjects. I'd love to keep all of my units but I'm struggling to keep up and do my best in all of them. I have an extracurricular activity into which I invest a lot of time after school and on weekends, and even so, I am much more productive at school in breaks and free periods than I am at home.

I'm tossing up between Ancient History and German Beginners because they are the two I enjoy least. I can't remember my prelim ranks exactly, but they were approx 8/30 for Ancient and 3/15 for German. My marks in the last lot of assessments were 92 for Ancient and 88 for German, and these were my two lowest marks out of all of my subjects.

German is much easier for me and I can do really well with little/no preparation, but I'm worried that my lack of motivation to study for German will screw me up down the track. For Ancient, I actually need to study a bit to do well, but studying for Ancient is more bearable once I get into it.

Neither Ancient or German are 'assumed knowledge' for the University courses that I'm looking at, so whatever I choose to drop won't affect my tertiary studies. Ultimately the reason I want to drop a subject is so that I can free up as much time as possible, so that I can invest more into my remaining 10 units and my extracurricular activity. I could choose to keep all 12 units, but I know that in the end I wouldn't be able to do my best. Any advice? :fish:
Ancient history

GeorgeYLin

HSC
Drop the one you like less because you'll be less motivated to study for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)