Can someone please explain how my final mark is calculated? (1 Viewer)

tlv6554

HSC
My internal mark for English Advanced is 95 and I am ranked 1st but after today's HSC, I know that I screwed up big time. Is it true that because I am ranked 1st, half of my mark will just be whoever came first in externals from my cohort? Does this mean I still have a chance of getting 95 even if my exam mark is probably 85 because I will just get someone else's mark? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but I am quite disappointed in how I went today and I would just like some assurances that I am safe because of my ranking.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Regardless of if you get a high mark in the external, since you are first whatever the highest mark is in the exam from your cohort will be your internal assessment mark. That being said there is no way to tell prior to the results coming out if that is worthy of a 95 mark, as schools mark at different levels compared to the HSC standards and exam difficulty can be different

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
If you get 85 exam mark, the highest exam mark in your cohort could be 100 but then the average of 85 and 100 would still be 93

tlv6554

HSC
So just to clarify, if I got an 85 exam mark, would this be used to calculate my final mark?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
So just to clarify, if I got an 85 exam mark, would this be used to calculate my final mark?
Yes whatever aligned exam mark you get will be 50% of the end HSC mark

D94

HSC
N/A
Yes of course. 50% HSC exam, 50% assessment mark.

The assessment mark is your school mark which is adjusted based on the exam. The highest assessment mark is adjusted to equal the highest HSC exam mark. Since you got the highest assessment mark (i.e. ranked 1st), the highest HSC exam mark will be your assessment mark. You still keep your exam mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)