Thread: Do I still have a chance of getting an ATAR above 85?

Cadet
    HSC

Do I still have a chance of getting an ATAR above 85?

I go to a top 100 school, and my average internal marks and estimated ranks are below

English Advanced: 20/67 - 87%
    English Extension 1: 10/17 - 74%
    Mathematics General 2: 3/20 - 86%
    Ancient History: 3/17 - 86%
    PDHPE: 3/19 - 85%
    Biology: 13/25 - 75%

I've sat most of my HSC exams with only English Extension 1 to go. I feel like I haven't do that well - I kind of burnt out in the weeks leading up to the exams plus I did find them quite hard. While there's no way I can estimate my marks, my general feelings about each exam so far are:

English Advanced: Pretty ok - better than trials for which I got 81%. My teacher thinks I can get a band 6.
    English Extension 1: Haven't sat the exam yet.
    Mathematics general: Really bad, there were about 10 marks worth that I had to leave blank because I couldn't answer the questions (total exam is 100 marks). Especially worried because genny scales SO bad!
    Ancient: Pretty ok. I don't think I did exceptionally well in the big 25 mark essay, but the rest of the exam I found alright.
    PDHPE: Really great. Was super lucky to get questions on areas that I felt confident about and had studied hard. Most difficult section was multiple choice!
    Biology: Slightly harder than trials, for which I got 81%. Though I messed up a 7 marker and 8 marker question, whole exam out of 100.

I guess I'm just wondering how well alignment will work in my favour (I heard last year anyone in advanced that got a raw mark about 80% got bank 6) and if it's still possible for me to get an ATAR above 85.

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Do I still have a chance of getting an ATAR above 85?

dw too much about general maths. your ranked third, and assuming since ur school is top 100, u get a fair ammount of band 6s each year for general, so even tho u might of bombed the hsc, ur ranking will carry u, maybe a scrape band 6? high band 5? idk
    Other then that, if u band 6 eng, pdhpe, and mid-low band 5 bio and ancient, you should be looking at an atar well above 85 lol (90~)
    2016: Mathematics (89)

2017: Economics - Biology - Extension 1 Maths - Extension 2 Maths - English (ADV)

2018: Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science (Advanced Maths) @ UNSW

ATAR Goal: 96+

HSC

Re: Do I still have a chance of getting an ATAR above 85?

Yes it is possible. Stop worrying and start studying tho lol
    99.70 Notes + Free Technique Sheet: http://tinyurl.com/jazz519notes
    High Quality Advice Thread: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ml#post7271068
    2015 - 2U (Accelerated) (96)
    2016 - Eng Adv(97) | Chem(93) | 2U(98) | 3U(48) | Phys(94) | Bus(94)
    ATAR: 99.70 Dux

2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (Hons) (Chem) (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)
    Chem, Maths, English Tutor

Thread Information