Repeat HSC?????????? (1 Viewer)

Dino The Raja

I am a year 11 accelerated maths student and i sat for the Maths Ext 1 and Ext 2 courses this year. The results i got were:

Ext 1: 93/100
Ext 2: 88/100

Now since i'm recieving my UAI next year (for obvious reasons) I have a chance to repeat these courses and I was thinking of repeating the Ext 2 course to get a better mark.

Do you guys think this is good idea????

PLz Help!!!!!

PS. - I am aiming at a UAI of about 95

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
If you repeat the ext 2 maths course u have to make sure that u can beat your previous score (cause your latest attempt will count).

88 is a good mark for 4 unit, and it will more than likely be scaled up significantly.

if u look at last year's stats for 4 unit 44% got into the top band. This year only 31% got into the top band, a significant difference, hence it is tougher.

Ultimately it's up to u to decide what mark u would like, but with 88 for 4 unit, you will easily be able to get above a UAI of 95 (providing u back that up with results in other subjects)

In my opinion u should concentrate on your other subjects and do well in them

:D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
if your exam mark was significantly better than your assessment mark, my advice is repeat ... if not leave it alone and concentrate on your remaining 6 units ...

kate

dont do it. those marks will easily get you a 95 if your pretty good at your other subjects

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Dino The Raja
I am a year 11 accelerated maths student and i sat for the Maths Ext 1 and Ext 2 courses this year. The results i got were:

Ext 1: 93/100
Ext 2: 88/100

Now since i'm recieving my UAI next year (for obvious reasons) I have a chance to repeat these courses and I was thinking of repeating the Ext 2 course to get a better mark.

Do you guys think this is good idea????

PLz Help!!!!!

PS. - I am aiming at a UAI of about 95
Look at my results, I only did 3U but...
2U: 89/100
3U: 37/50 (or 74/100 if u like)
I got a UAI of 95.25, so if u do well with the rest of your subjects, u'll have no trouble getting over 95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)