heeeeeelpppp!!! i need advise (1 Viewer)

Dino The Raja

I am a year 11 accelerated maths student and i sat for the Maths Ext 1 and Ext 2 courses this year. The results i got were:

Ext 1: 93/100
Ext 2: 86/100

Now since i'm recieving my UAI next year (for obvious reasons) I have a chance to repeat these courses and I was thinking of repeating the Ext 2 course to get a better mark.

Do you guys think this is good idea???? (i am aiming at a UAI of 95)

PLz Help!!!!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i could have sworn i replied to a post exactly like this ... or maybe the hsc results have messed up my mind a little ...

okay ... if your exam marks are higher than your assessment, especially by alot, then i suggest you repeat and make sure your assessments are higher next time around ...

if assessments are higher than exams, especially by alot, then i suggest you keep your mark and be content ... unless you did really really poorly in the exam room ...

just my two cents ...

Dino The Raja

QUOTE:
"okay ... if your exam marks are higher than your assessment, especially by alot, then i suggest you repeat and make sure your assessments are higher next time around ...

if assessments are higher than exams, especially by alot, then i suggest you keep your mark and be content ... unless you did really really poorly in the exam room ... "

........My exam mark was 85 and assesment mark was 86......so there pretty much the same......

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
okay then ... ill ask the question ... do you think you could have gone alot better this year ... if you know so then it might be worth considering doing it again ... if youve given about your all then not much point doing it again ...

mmhmm

dont bother u now have a plenty of time with all your other units next year. dont forget its a bit risky considering the board takes ur most recent marks so therefore u may risk it. so dont repeat is my advice you shouldnt even consider it as long as u can get band 6s and band 5s with ur other subjects. wat r ur other subjects anyway??

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by mmhmm
dont bother u now have a plenty of time with all your other units next year. dont forget its a bit risky considering the board takes ur most recent marks so therefore u may risk it. so dont repeat is my advice you shouldnt even consider it as long as u can get band 6s and band 5s with ur other subjects. wat r ur other subjects anyway??
I totally agree. it's not worth the risk if u tried your best. if u think u can do better then do it again. i also think i've replied to this exact same post in the form of another thread

kini mini

HSC
I think 4U is a lot of work, and your mark is quite respectable - certainly enough for that UAI off the top of my head :).

Personally I'd just do another extension course or two in that time next year :)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I say just leave it...yeah, you could probably bump up your marks the nex time around, but you've done well as is, why put yourself through it again?

mmhmm

Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
I say just leave it...yeah, you could probably bump up your marks the nex time around, but you've done well as is, why put yourself through it again?
exactly!!!!! i think its crazy to put urself thru it all over again!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
but it may be worth it for better assessment marks ... and if your committed ... a second time round is alot easier ... because youve done it before ...

Dino The Raja

Originally posted by mmhmm

my other subjects are phys, chem ,eco and eng-adv

hgpstar

Well, my uai was 94.5, and although i didnt do 4u, i did 3u, and got 35/50 for both the assesment and exam marks. i also got 2 band 5s and 2 band 6s, so looking at that, as long as you can get band 5 & 6 for the rest of you subjects you are cruisin to a 95. I woulnd repeat it, thats for sure. Give your self the extra time, which you can put towards improving your other marks.

hgpstar is definitely right, i got like 90 and 96 for 3 and 4 unit respectively and i wouldn't do it again and plus i got band 6 and 2 bad 5's for phys, chem and eng adv respectively the uai was 99.05, even though i think i may have been able to de better in 4 unit, i wouldn't do it again the test can vary in yr to yr drastically in terms of difficulty, and if you do spend more time on your other subjects that scale extremely well you'll prob like to get 95+ for sure, I know a guy this yr who got like 78 for 4 unit and got like 94.##, can't quite remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)