Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pikachu975
  • 1 Post By sabbabbby

Thread: Setting performance goals for HSC?

HSC

Setting performance goals for HSC?

Hi all, I'm going into Year 12 and I plan to study English Adv., 4U Maths, Chemistry and SDD.

I attend a top 10 school - approximately how would I need to perform relative to my cohort to get a mid-high Band 5 in English?

Also, is it likely that I can get a mid-90s ATAR or more if I get a low-mid Band 5 in English and a solid Band 6/E4 in all my other subjects?

Thanks.

HSC

Re: Setting performance goals for HSC?

Quote Originally Posted by fan96 View Post
    Hi all, I'm going into Year 12 and I plan to study English Adv., 4U Maths, Chemistry and SDD.

I attend a top 10 school - approximately how would I need to perform relative to my cohort to get a mid-high Band 5 in English?

Also, is it likely that I can get a mid-90s ATAR or more if I get a low-mid Band 5 in English and a solid Band 6/E4 in all my other subjects?

Thanks.
    Yes it's possible and yep its a good idea to have a set of goals as it provides motivation for u to work toward something (however be realistic in these)
    99.70 Notes + Free Technique Sheet: http://tinyurl.com/jazz519notes
    High Quality Advice Thread: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ml#post7271068
    2015 - 2U (Accelerated) (96)
    2016 - Eng Adv(97) | Chem(93) | 2U(98) | 3U(48) | Phys(94) | Bus(94)
    ATAR: 99.70 Dux

2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (Hons) (Chem) (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)
    Chem, Maths, English Tutor

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by fan96 View Post

Thanks.
    You're in a top 10 school, if you do get those results, you'll easily achieve/surpass mid 90's atar.
    neurophysiology

2017’ HSC alumnus

2018 UWS Med. Science Student (CBT)

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by sabbabbby View Post
    You're in a top 10 school, if you do get those results, you'll easily achieve/surpass mid 90's atar.
    The school rank doesn't affect the ATAR as a low-mid band 5 in english and a band 6/E4 in all other subjects would be exactly the same in a rank 700 school as a rank 1 school. The only thing that the high rank school is improving is the chance that others drag you up in HSC and lift up your assessment mark as lots of people will do well.
    sabbabbby likes this.
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    The school rank doesn't affect the ATAR as a low-mid band 5 in english and a band 6/E4 in all other subjects would be exactly the same in a rank 700 school as a rank 1 school. The only thing that the high rank school is improving is the chance that others drag you up in HSC and lift up your assessment mark as lots of people will do well.
    Yeah that's what I was referring to haha, should've made myself clearer. He won't have to worry about people dragging him down in his cohort (especially eng) as the chances are slim in a higher ranked school like his. But yeah it wouldn't make a difference if he's 1st in all his subs.
    Last edited by sabbabbby; 8 Nov 2017 at 9:53 PM. Reason: typo
    pikachu975 likes this.
    neurophysiology

2017’ HSC alumnus

2018 UWS Med. Science Student (CBT)

HSC

I would make goals for the HSC overall and for each assessment, as that is what I did and it kept me on track (make an excel sheet it helps with this).For the bigger ATAR goal you have I would work back words pick an ATAR and see what marks you need to get it and write it down on a piece of paper and stick it where you see it everyday i.e. on a wall or a desk. DO NOT DEVIATE FROM IT leave it and stare at it day in and out and I promise you it will keep you motivated to achieve all your goals.
    WANT ANY ECONOMICS HELP OR TIPS JUST MESSAGE ME AND I'LL TRY RESPOND ASAP
    HSC 2015: Studies of Religion I [Accelerated] (46) |
    HSC 2016: English Advanced (90) | Mathematics (94) | Economics (95) | Chemistry (89) | Biology (91)
    ATAR: 97.80
    2017-2022: B. Economics and Advanced Science (Honours) @ UNSW.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAltastic View Post
    I would make goals for the HSC overall and for each assessment, as that is what I did and it kept me on track (make an excel sheet it helps with this).For the bigger ATAR goal you have I would work back words pick an ATAR and see what marks you need to get it and write it down on a piece of paper and stick it where you see it everyday i.e. on a wall or a desk. DO NOT DEVIATE FROM IT leave it and stare at it day in and out and I promise you it will keep you motivated to achieve all your goals.
    lol first line is bs, he already made goals for uni and the next five years (I know him in real life ahahahaha), but yeah that paper thingy is a good idea
    High Quality Advice Thread: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ml#post7271068

2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (Hons) (Chem) (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by jazz519 View Post
    lol first line is bs, he already made goals for uni and the next five years (I know him in real life ahahahaha), but yeah that paper thingy is a good idea
    Yep thats true I had it organised before I started the HSC.
    Last edited by SuperAltastic; 9 Nov 2017 at 10:58 AM.
    WANT ANY ECONOMICS HELP OR TIPS JUST MESSAGE ME AND I'LL TRY RESPOND ASAP
    HSC 2015: Studies of Religion I [Accelerated] (46) |
    HSC 2016: English Advanced (90) | Mathematics (94) | Economics (95) | Chemistry (89) | Biology (91)
    ATAR: 97.80
    2017-2022: B. Economics and Advanced Science (Honours) @ UNSW.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAltastic View Post
    Yep thats true I had it organised before I started the HSC.
    lmao I knew it

Thread Information