Poll: Is 86/100 a GOOD mark for 4U Maths (1 Viewer)

Is 86/100 a GOOD mark for 4U Maths

• Yes

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
The average aligned HSC mark for 4 unit in 2002 seems to be much lower than was the case in 2001. Hence marks are generally lower this yea compared to last year.

Also, 44% of 4 unit student this year scored E 4, whereaes in 2002, only 31.7% of students scored in E 4, a significant difference as can be seen.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
it depends ... if you are aiming sky-high (no pun intended) then its crap ... but if you are just aiming for a reasonable/decent mark 86 is quite reasonable and decent ... it just depends on what you expect ...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Generally, marks in 2 unit courses were higher, Ultimate, and marks in extension courses were lower (from what I can see).

quartic - That particular piece of data came from http://boredofstudies.org/bands.html which I borrowed from my ex-school shortly after results were released.

All the stats are now available here:
http://www.uac.edu.au/admin/uai.html
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/ebos_stats.htm
Totally agree with you there lazarus. Also, if you look at the UAC document for 2002 distribution of scaled marks, it can be seen that ext. 2 maths scaled no where near as good as was the case last year. hmm perhaps that is why my UAI appeared lower than I thought cause I was counting on good scaling like last year.

Also, physics, chemistry seemed to be a little down on the scaling as well compared to last year.

Interesting

Dino The Raja

Originally posted by flyin'
it depends ... if you are aiming sky-high (no pun intended) then its crap ... but if you are just aiming for a reasonable/decent mark 86 is quite reasonable and decent ... it just depends on what you expect ...

How about for a UAI of about 95.....???

my other subjects are: (if this helps)

phys, eco, chem and eng-adv

professor

Hi, i'm a kid preparing for my HSC in 2003 and its natural for me to be interested of this yr's exams. Though i must say i am very nervous bout what i am going to get with the subjects chosen, can ppl plz give me advice on the UAI i'll approx. get

standard english
2u maths
3u maths
physics
Ipt
IT (vet)

thx

Originally posted by professor
Hi, i'm a kid preparing for my HSC in 2003 and its natural for me to be interested of this yr's exams. Though i must say i am very nervous bout what i am going to get with the subjects chosen, can ppl plz give me advice on the UAI i'll approx. get

standard english
2u maths
3u maths
physics
Ipt
IT (vet)

thx
depends on your marks, what marks did you get for your report etc?

schwang_thang

its really difficult 2 guess wat u might get, alot of it depends on ur rankings n exam marks as well as how the teachers at ur school might mark

for eg. at school i averaged 70 in 3u maths, so i was expecting either a band E2 or E3. my hsc mark ended up being 92/100, a band E4 - a complete surprise, so i guess u cant really predict much based on ur raw scores. the BoS screw around quite a bit with the marks so yeah, its a bit hard 2 estimate.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by Dino The Raja

if u dont mind me asking what was ure uai and ure other subjects?

I did 3 & 4u maths, advanced english, chem, bio, and ancient history.
uai = 92.6 (which is a lot better than what I thought Id get, so Im happy)

How did u go?

Dino The Raja

Originally posted by mannnnndy

I did 3 & 4u maths, advanced english, chem, bio, and ancient history.
uai = 92.6 (which is a lot better than what I thought Id get, so Im happy)

How did u go?
I'm only a year 11 accelerated student and I only sat for the 3 & 4u maths. I got 93 for 3u and 86 for 4u (obviously).......

not too bad but I was dissapointed with my 4u mark a bit......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)