eco marks???? (1 Viewer)

me

hey ppl, what were ur eco marks??

mine was 89. kinda disappointed..... just wondering how everyone else went?

try to sleep well 2nite

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I got 91 and i was disappointed kinda, wen I think about it
cos it was by far and away my best subject.... :rolleyes:

terminator

88 - momentary contemplation of suicide. studied my arse off for my fav subject. but i know i lost all my marks in the essays and maybe 4 max in short answer.

Amuka

I agree, i only studied the night before for all other exams (i didnt do any study all year) but studied tonnes for eco and got 84 which is less than my legal mark that i didn't study at all for, or even attend the stupid classes and my percentile in Legal is much better aswell. Plenty of people in band 5s and 6s and my friend murdered it so it was definetely possible to do well, dont know what went wrong here. :(

GTR

HSC
I got 82. Went in and during the reading time, thought that the exam was going to be piss easy. I then suddenly had a mental block and forgot everything on fiscal policy. :(

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
i got 89 too
and its not gonna be counted in my uai!

all that extra stress in last week of hsc exams, while others have already finished was for nuttin.

timmii

sporadic attendee
97....quite content. Its my fave subject and my uni/career interest (sorta) so I was most interested in this out of probably all of my marks.

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by terminator
....but i know i lost all my marks in the essays and maybe 4 max in short answer.
So how should you study for the essays??
Did anyone go in there memorising their essays??

Ducky

yeh same timmii, i got 95.

nah i didnt memorise essays...i thought the essays were pretty unusual actually so i just tried my best.

it was my top mark

Dino The Raja

Originally posted by Ducky
yeh same timmii, i got 95.

nah i didnt memorise essays...i thought the essays were pretty unusual actually so i just tried my best.

it was my top mark
just curious: what kind of marks did u guys get for the end-of term assessments at ure skools.....

timmii

sporadic attendee
Memorising i found to be pretty useless and short term, rather *understand* the stuff, because eco is predominantly logic (except for the stupid globalisation topic).

Read the papers and be aware of current domestic/world affairs. the more practice u get at thinking things thru the better u will be able to explain them in saq's and essays (i.e if the interest rates rise, what are 5 possible things that may happen etc...)

Also enjoying it would probably be crucial - if u don't like the subject, don't do it.

Ducky

well for my trials i also got 92 raw..i was getting pretty high for assessments..96 and 97 for some others
moderated assessment 95was which was same as hsc examination mark

for eco u cant rely on memorising..cept mebbe the case study like i did hehe but yeh you have to KNOW and understand it..get the bigger picture of it all.

my dad used to talk to me about it like every 2nd nite n it helped me heaps!

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
i found having to practically apply ecos helped heaps
having done debating we'd have topics revolving around free trade and environment vs. economics etc which helped heaps. forced me to keep up with the latest ecos stats, global trends, arguments and analysis
i never went to class (well i tried but my teached kicked me out constantly which she thought was funny and i thought was pathetic) and so that forced me to rely on myself. thus i actually did some work for ecos unlike some of my other subjects

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Ducky

for eco u cant rely on memorising
lol, yes u can, and I got band 6...hehe, nah agreed, u have to understand what u put on paper, because examiners arent looking for textbook responses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)