UAI releases (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
I don't know about you guys, but i think its silly that they can't release who got 100 in the state - its what really counts (more than topping a single subject). The newspapers could perhaps ask the permission of the students to print their names and then that could be ok?

These people did so well and deserve the recognition, and its ridiculous to not grant it to them because of the predatory way in which the press pounced on the "lower achieving" mt druitt students.

It's like cutting off one's nose to spite one's face, they should be acknowledged - it may be an even better measure of a school's success (tho its more likely a reflection of the individual student).

Ok thats my 2c.....what does everyone else think?

P.s well done to those that this applies to :p

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
i agree but in a way it doesn't matter
i mean if you know the person you'll probably find out what they got and can thus congratulate them and acknowledge their achievement. if you don't know them it doesn't make a difference to you anyway
a week from now will you really remember who got 100?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by !meeee!
i agree but in a way it doesn't matter
i mean if you know the person you'll probably find out what they got and can thus congratulate them and acknowledge their achievement. if you don't know them it doesn't make a difference to you anyway
a week from now will you really remember who got 100?
A week from now will u remember who topped some obscure subject, got allrounder, got over 90 in a subject...probably not - but these people still get recognition. Even if its just so that people can be prompted to congratulate them.

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
but the reason those people get recognition is cause it's the ideal opportunity for the media to increase sales for one day by printing as many names as possible. They have little to benefit from by publishing the names of the 22 highest achievers although they may be far more deserving.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Such cynicism, and from one so young!!! :p

Perhaps a few more copies of the paper would be sold (although i'm guessing i'm prretty safe in assuming all 100s were on the allrounder lists.....or at very very least, the merit list).

Plus, think of the jealous rage stalking opportunities it could present! If a few 100s "disappear" does my ranking go up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)