clerical recheck (1 Viewer)

astro boy

HSC
is anyone going to bother sending of for one? does anyone know what happens if you get more marks? does your uai change? can you be sent back a mark worse than what you originaly got?

chait

I've heard of ppl who have applied for a clerical recheck and ended up worse off. Of course, it could end up either way.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
they don't remark your exam so 'the more extensive marking schemes' argument doesn't really matter. Its just another add up of all your marks to make sure you have the right number. Its very rare that it comes back with any change, and is very expensive to get it done for all of your subjects. So unless you feel there is something REALLY wrong )say you were expecting 90 in something and got 60) its not really worth it, and who knows, it could come back with LOWER marks and how much would that depress you?

lane

I am really thinking about it because my ext 2 english was a bit of a shocker. The final product which was a suit of poems was something I worked very hard on. My teachers thought it wsa great and I was expecting a band E4 instead I got 66 percent. It just seems a little weird because I can not for the life of me understand what went wrong ...... BUT I got a uai of 93 which is more tahn I expected so I dont know if its worth the trouble...any ideas

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
well if you REALLY think there is something wrong there its worth having a check, Im just saying its not worth it simply out of curiosity

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by lane
I am really thinking about it because my ext 2 english was a bit of a shocker. The final product which was a suit of poems was something I worked very hard on. My teachers thought it wsa great and I was expecting a band E4 instead I got 66 percent. It just seems a little weird because I can not for the life of me understand what went wrong ...... BUT I got a uai of 93 which is more tahn I expected so I dont know if its worth the trouble...any ideas
its probably not worth it with a subject like ext 2. it's better for something like maths where they add up lots of little marks to give you a total mark and you think they might have missed a page or something. with ext 2 there is only one section and thus only one mark so it's nearly impossible they made a mistake adding up your marks

kate

do it.
othewise youll always be wonderin. this way youll know. it doesnt cost that much and itll put your mind at ease

1 more

fructis
HSC
Be mindful that it is only a mathematical recheck, and in my understanding they will not remark your actual work. A friend of mine spent a fortune doing this a few years ago, to no avail.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
ah clerial recheck ... :)

a scene from recheck centre:
rechecker 1: humm .... thats a 4 ... not a 9 ... i think i better make it right ... so thats 14 out of 20 ... not 19 out of 20 ... what were they doing when they first put this in the system ...
rechecker 2: well student ******** sure isnt gettin his/her money's worth ...
rechecker 1: they should have slipped a few hundreds instead of the eleven dollars ... this scam just isnt working ...
rechecker 2: tell me about it ... wait ... a hundred note ... well ... this 5 out of 20 is become a 15 out of 20 ... no one will notice the extra one ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I wouldn't bother with a clerical recheck. Just be happy with what you got and thats it. As others have mentioned your mark could also go down as a result of a recheck, which would only add to your depression.

The whole thing seems like a BOS money making scheme to me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)