Trials Help (1 Viewer)

external

HSC
Hi everyone.
I'm doing absolutely awful in my trials and every subject.
If I fail my maths 2 unit (I will get below 30% guaranteed), how bad will it affect my ATAR and HSC results?
How bad does trials affect any of my ATAR and final HSC exam results?

I know the HSC is the biggest one and the one that truly matters, but I know I'll be failing and getting below 60% in every course in trials (aside from one) and I wanted to know do I still have hope for a 75+ ATAR score if I buckle down and work extremely hard in preparation for the HSC?

Thank you

external

HSC
P.S.

Probably helpful to add:
I study the bare minimum, I never do any work or homework. I'm struggling to study as I've never been taught how to (sounds stupid I know). I know I have the capabilities to do so much more with my marks, I just am pretty lost in this world at this point in time. I have no idea how to study, let alone help myself. I need an ATAR of 80+ minimum to even consider the courses/path I want to take in life. I have never gotten over 60% in any course from prelim (excluding Spanish, which I receive over 70% without fail as Spanish is easy for me to do without study)
I really need these marks but I have no idea how to get there. I am a total bludger and I wish I knew how to get out of this rut.
Does anyone have any tips/ideas? Motivation lacks, it might be a confidence thing, but I have no idea how to help myself or get into a study routine.
I have tried forcing myself but its failed miserably.

I am pretty bright, it just doesn't reflect in my results, and I am more than willing if someone can take the time to point me in the right direction so I won't flunk my HSC and achieve my goal of Environmental Science at a Uni like USYD/UNSW/ACU/ANU etc

Thank you

Last edited:

jjuunnee

HSC
hey!!

firstly, what are your ranks and also what's your school rank, because they mainly determine what your atar will be eg. if you get 60% but you rank first and you go to a school that ranks in the top 20 then it's not too bad

With motivation tips, tbh I'm not the best person to ask since I basically crammed all of ext2 today before my exam (highly do not recommend hahaha), but one thing that somewhat works for me is to study at a library, especially one where a lot of other students go to, because then you feel pressured to study as well bc everyone around you is. Also studying with friends can be good as well (as long as you guys don;t get distracted)

FellowStudent

HSC
First things first, obtaining <50% in any subject, high scaling or not, will really drag down your ATAR.
Also, you admit you don't really know how to study.
Everybody has different ways of studying, but I'd recommend you to find some good resources (textbooks, study guides, past papers, etc) for your subjects (it's not too late, you can still bump up your marks in the HSC). Ask your teacher/s for help if you are ever stuck. Like really, bombard them with questions until you understand, teachers are there so they can help you. You can also ask your friends for help.

For 2U maths, Cambridge and Fitzpatrick are some boss textbooks. If those are too hard, try Maths in Focus but only rely on this book as it will only build your foundation.

Try to remind yourself of your goal ATAR everyday, post it on the fridge, on front of your mirror, somewhere. Hopefully, this will make you more motivated.

But do not be disheartened even if you do not reach your goal ATAR. ATAR is just one way of entering university, there are plenty more (ATAR is just the quickest way).

Good luck on your endeavours

external1

HSC
I forgot my password new account:

My ranks are near the bottom, all of them in every class.
But even if I study extremely hard and get above 90% in my HSC results, are you telling me it's impossible to get >80 as my ATAR?

My school is also ranked 16th in the state if that means anything?
My 2unit books are Cambridge, Maths in Focus were my previous school's textbooks

I just really don't know how I'm going to get the job I want at this point as I feel it's too late to get into pathways or whatever because I never studied

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)